- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on Fatigue Analysis of DCB Specimen Bonded
접착제로 접합된 DCB 시험편의 피로 해석에 관한 연구
- Choi, Hae-Kyu (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Kongju University) ;
- Hong, Soon-Jik (Division of Advanced Materials Engineering, Kongju University) ;
- Kim, Sei-Hwan (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University) ;
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University)
- Received : 2012.04.25
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
In this study, the fracture behaviour of DCB(double cantilever beam) specimen with aluminum foam composite materials is analyzed by simulation. By comparing the analysis results with two models of 25 mm and 40 mm, the model with thickness of 25 mm is weaker than 40 mm at fatigue life and damage. Two models are unfavorable at 'SAE Transmission' in case of nonuniform fatigue load and rainflow matrices are weakest at 'SAE Bracket history'. In damage matrices, the model with 25 mm of thickness is weaker than the model with 40 mm of thickness but the model with 40 mm of thickness relative damage possibility is higher than in case of 25 mm. As two models are safest at 'SAE Transmission', the relative damage becomes the lowest value from 1.1 to 1.8 %. The mechanical property can be investigated by applying these analyses results with the real composite structure bonded with adhesive and analyzing fracture behaviour.
Double cantilever beam(DCB);Thickness of model;Fatigue life and damage;Rainflow matrix;Damage matrix;Fracture behaviour
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. O. Park, Z. K. Rhee, "Analysis for strength estimation of adhesive joints", Symposium on Emerging Technologies in Manufacturing System Engineering, pp. 98-107, 2004.
- S. O. Bang, J. H. Kook, S. H. Kim, J. U. Cho, "Simulation Analysis on the Compression property of Sandwich Composite", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation society, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 778-484, 2012.
- Blackman, B.R.K., Dear, J.P., Kinloch, A.J., MacGillivray, H., Wang, Y., Williams, J.G. and Yayla, P.,S. R. Ahuja, et al., "The Failure of Fibre Composites and Adhesively Bonded Fibre Composites under High Rates of Test Part III Mixed-mode I/II and Mode II Loadings", Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 31, No. 17, pp. 4467-4477, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00366342
- H. K. Choi, S. H. Kim, J. U. Cho, "Study on Structural Analysis of DCB Specimen Bonded with Aluminum Foam Composite", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation society, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1488-1495, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1488
- International Standards Organization, ISO 11343, Geneva(Switzerland), 1993.
- British Standard, BS 7991, "Determination of the Mode I Adhesive Fracture Energy GIC of Structure Adhesives Using the Double Cantilever Beam (DBC) and Tapered Double Cantilver Beam (TDCB) Specimens", Imperial college of science and technology (JISC), pp. 3-13, 2001.
- Swanson, J., Ansys 12.0, Ansys Inc, U.S.A, 2009.
- A Fracture Study on the Bonded DCB Specimen of the Mode III Type with Aluminum Foam vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2015.28.4.191