- Volume 61 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Properties of Thermal Insulation Board Prepared by Porous Silica Aerogel
다공성 실리카 에어로겔을 이용한 복합단열재의 특성에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.05.16
- Accepted : 2012.08.20
- Published : 2012.09.01
High porous silica aerogel/polyurethane polymer composite was manufactured by cross-linking polymerization of polyurethane foaming process. The properties of microstructure, mechanical strength, and thermal properties were investigated for its various applications. The superhydrophobic silica aerogel powders were used for highly thermal insulation filler materials. The thermal conductivities can be resulted 0.07 W/mK to 0.13 W/mK, by decreasing the contents of silica aerogels in composite materials. It is found that the polymerization formulation by organic binders can be applied to heavy industires, building materials, and various industries.
Silica aerogel composites;Polyurethane;Cross-linking;Thermal insulation;Isocyanate
- I.H. Song, Y.J. Choi, H.S. Yoon, K.Y. Hwang, and S.K. Choi, "Thermal Insulation Effects and its Materials of Multi-porous Ceramics", Machine and Materials, Vol 22, No.4, pp.6-20, 2010.
- Dorcheh A. Soleimani, and Abbasi M., "Silica Aerogel : Synthesis, Properties, Characterization", Journal of materials processing, No.199, pp.10-26. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.10.060
- S. Bhagat, C.S.Oh, Y.H.Kim, Y.S.Ahn, and J.G.Yeo, "Methyltrimethoxysilane based monolithic silica aerogel via ambient pressure drying", Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, No.100, pp.350-355, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2006.10.026
- Ge Dengtenge, Yang Lili, Li Yao, and Zhao Jiu Peng, "Hydrophobic and thermal insulation properties of silica aerogel/epoxy composite", Journal of Non-crystalline Solids, No.355, pp.2610-2615. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2009.09.017
- Ruben Baetens, Bjorn Petter Jelle, and Arild Gustavsen, 2011, "Aerogel Insulation for building application : A state-of-the-art review" Journal of energy and buildings, No.43, pp. 761-769. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2010.12.012
- K.H. Oh, H.W. Choi "Acoustic Characteristics of Ultra-porous Aerogel/Fiber Composite Materials" Textile Science and Engineering, Vol.46, No.1, pp48-54, 2009.
- Fricke J. and Emmering A., "Aerogel" Journal of American Ceramic Society, Vol. 75, No. 8, pp.2027. 2009.
- B.H. Sohn, K.T. Kim, S.H. Hyun, and D.J. Sung, "Mechanical Properties and Thermal Conductivity of Silica Aerogels by the Various Oxide Materials", Journal of Korean Ceramic Society, Vol.36, No.8, pp.829-834, 1999.
- J.K. Yoon, J.I. Park, and K.W. Koo, "Structural and Physical Properties of Sealant Paste Prepared by Silica/Polymer Composites" KIEE, Vol.61, No.6, pp.916-921, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.6.916
- J.W. Jung, "A Study on the Preparation and Application of Functional Polyurethane" Doctoral Thesis, Chemical Engineering of Jeonnam National University, pp.1-5, 2000.
- J.M. Lee, and C.S. Ha, "Thermal Properties and Sound-damping Characteristics of Polyurethane Nanocomposites Foams" Journal of Adhesion and Interface, Vol.11, No.1, pp.3-8, 2010.
- B.H. Cho, "Study on Thermal Conductivity of Silica Aerogel", Master's Thesis, Ceramic Engineering of Yonsei Univ. pp. 4-6, 1995.