- Volume 57 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Seeding Dates on Harvesting Time of Double Cropped Waxy Corn
파종시기가 찰옥수수 2기작 재배의 생육 및 수량에 미치는 영향
- Jung, Gun-Ho (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Jae-Eun (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Seo, Jong-Ho (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Sun-Lim (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Dea-Wook (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Jung-Tae (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Hwang, Tae-Young (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA) ;
- Kwon, Young-Up (National Institute of Crop Science, RDA)
- 정건호 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 이재은 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 서종호 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 김선림 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 김대욱 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 김정태 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 황태영 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 권영업 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원)
- Received : 2011.06.04
- Accepted : 2012.06.21
- Published : 2012.06.30
It is important to determine the optimum harvesting time that impact decisively on the quality of vegetable waxy corns. In general, it takes 20~25 days from silking to harvest according to ecotype when waxy corn hybrids were sown in April. We identified the optimum harvesting time by the ecotypes and seeding dates for the establishment of corn double cropping system of waxy corn. It takes 23~25 days from silking to harvest regardless of ecotype, when waxy corns were sown at early in April or late in June. It takes 28~31 days when Chalok1, early maturing type, was sown between in July 10, and in July 30. It takes 29~31 days when Ilmichal, medium late maturing type, was sown between in July 10 and in July 20, but 39 days were required when sown at in July 30. The cumulative temperature for harvesting was about
- Gilmore, E. C and J. S. Rogers. 1958. Heat units as a method of measuring maturity in corn. Agron. J. 50(10) : 611-615. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1958.00021962005000100014x
- Lee, J. H., S. W. Choi, H. R. Ko, N. K. Oh, and Y. G. Choi. 1999. Development of stable F1 seed production technology for new corn hybrid. Jeoilabuk-do agricultural research & extension services agricultural research.
- Kim, S. L., H. G. Moon, and Y. H. Ryu. 2002. Current status and prospect of qauality evaluation in maize. Korean J. Crop Sci. 47(s) : 107-123.
- Kim, S. K., T. W. Jung, Y. Y. Lee, D. Y. Song, H. S. Yu, C. W. Lee, Y. G. Kim, C. G. Kwak, and S. K. Jong. 2010. Effect of nursery stage and plug cell size on growth and yield of waxy corn. Korean J. Crop Sci. 55(1) : 24-30.
- Kim, S. K., T. W. Jung, Y. Y. Lee, D. Y. Song, H. S. Yu, C. W. Lee, Y. G. Kim, C. G. Kwak, and S. K. Jong. 2009. Effect of nursery stage and plug cell size on seedling growth of waxy corn. Korean J. Crop Sci. 54(4) : 407-415.
- Kim, E. S., S. K. Kim, D. H. Kim, B. Y. Son, D. J. Kang, Z. R. Choe, and G. W. Song. 2000. Effects of planting densities on growth and yield of fresh waxy corn as second crop. Korean J. Crop Sci. 45(1) : 190-194.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Republic of Korea (MIFAFF). 2009. Food, agriculture, forestry and fisheries statistical yearbook.
- Park, S. O., K. Y. Park, Y. K. Kang, H. G. Hong, and S. K. Jong. 1987. Effect of plant density on growth and yield of sweet corn hybrid. Korean J. Crop Sci. 32(1): 92-96.
- Rural Development Administration, Korea (RDA). 2003. Agricultural science and technology research, analysis criteria. Cultivation maize standards.
- Seo, J. H., B. Y. Son, J. E. Lee, Y. U. Kwon, G. H. Jung, S. B. Back, J. H. Sung, and W. H. Kim. 2010. Changes of growth and yield of late-planted maize cultivar for double cropping with barley. Korean J. Crop Sci. 55(3) : 232-238.
- Effect of sowing time on buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) growth and yield in central Korea vol.18, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12892-015-0117-6
- Changes in Ear and Kernel Characteristics of Waxy Corn during Grain Filling Stage by Double Cropping vol.59, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2014.59.1.073
- Optimum Sowing date for Seed Production of Late-maturing Vegetable Perilla at Green House of Middle Region vol.57, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2012.57.3.310
- Changes in Ear and Kernel Characteristics of Colored Waxy Corn Hybrids During Ripening with Different Sowing Dates vol.60, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2015.60.3.308
- Yearly Variation of Growth and Yield of Waxy Maize (Zea mays L.) and Soil Characteristics under Organic Rice Paddy-Upland Rotation vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12719/KSIA.2018.30.3.225