- Volume 37 Issue 6A
DOI QR Code
Joint Base Station and Relay Precoder Design with Relay Local Channel State Information for Multi-relay Aided Multi-user All-MIMO System
다중 릴레이, 다중 사용자 All-MIMO 시스템에서 릴레이 지역 채널 정보를 사용한 기지국 및 릴레이 전처리기 공동 설계 기법
- Received : 2012.01.31
- Accepted : 2012.05.11
- Published : 2012.06.30
In this paper, we propose a joint base station(BS) and relay precoders design in multi-relay aided multi-user all-multiple-input multiple-output(MIMO) system. The design criterion is to minimize user sum mean square error(SMSE) with relay sum power constraint(RSPC) where only local channel state information(CSI)s are available at relays. Local CSI at a relay is defined as the CSI of the channel which the relay itself accesses, out of among all the 1st hop and the 2nd hop channel in the system. With BS precoder structure which is concatenated with block diagonalization(BD) precoder, each relay can determine its own precoder using only local CSI. Proposed scheme is based on sequential iteration of two stages; stage 1 determines BS precoder and relay precoders jointly with SMSE duality, and stage 2 determines user receivers. Proposed scheme can be demonstrated theoretically to be always converge. We verify that proposed scheme outperforms simple amplify-and-forward(SAF), MMSE relay, and proposed schemes in  in terms of both SMSE and sum-rate performances.
Grant : 대학IT연구센터육성지원사업, 이공계전문가기술지원서포터즈 사업
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- Y.-M. Cho, S. Jang, D. K. Kim, and J. Yang, "Minimum sum-mse design for distributed multi-relay aided multi-user MIMO network," in Proc IEEE MWSCAS., Aug. 2011.
- K. Load, C. C. Wu, S. T. Sheu, Y. Yuan, M. Chion, D. Huo, and L. Xu, "IMT-advanced relay channels, " IEEE Communication Magazine, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 40-48, 2010.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, "Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior, " IEEEE Trans. Inform., vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062-3080, Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2004.838089
- O. Munoz-Medina, J. Vidal, and A. Agustinm, "Linear transceiver design in nonregenerative relays with channel state information, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2593-2604, Feb. 2008.
- W. Guan and H. Luo, "Joint MMSE transceiver design in non-regenerative MIMO relay systems, " IEEE Comm. Lett., vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 517-519, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.080339
- R. Mo and Y. H. Chew, "MMSE-based joint source and relay precoding design for amplify-and-forward MIMO relay networks, " IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 4668-4676, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2009.081294
- Y. Rong, "MMSE-based non-regenerative multicarrier MIMO wireless relay communications with direct source-destination link, " in Proc IEEE ICC., Jun. 2009.
- C. Chae, T. Tang, R. W. Heath, and S. Cho, "MIMO relaying with linear processing for multiuser transmission in fixed relay networks, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 727-738, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2007.907821
- R. Zhang, C. C. Chai, and Y. Liangm, "Joint beamforming and power control for multiantenna relay broadcast channel with QoS constraints, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 726-737, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2008.2008254
- S. Jang, J. Yang, and D. K. Kim, "Minimum MSE design for multiuser MIMO relay system, " IEEE Comm. Lett., vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 812-814, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2010.072610.100583
- H. Shi, T. Abe, T. Asai, and H. Yoshino, "Relaying schemes using matrix triangularization for MIMO wireless networks," IEEE Comm. Lett., vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 1683-1688, Sep. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2007.904356
- A. S. Behbahani, R. Merched, and A. M. Eltawil, "Optimizations of a MIMO relay network, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 5062-5073, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2008.929120
- O. Oyman and A. J. Paulraj, "Design and analysis of linear distributed MIMO relaying algorithms, " IEE Proc. Commun., vol. 153, no. 4, pp. 565-572, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-com:20050406
- B. K. Chalise and L. Vandendorpe, "Optimization of MIMO relays for multipoint-to-multipoint communications: nonrobust and robust designs, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 6355-6368, Oct. 2008.
- Q. H. Spencer, A. L. Swindlehurst, and M. Haardt, "Zero-forcing Methods for Downlink Spatial Multiplexing in Multiuser Channels, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 461-471, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2003.821107
- R. Hunger, M. Joham, and W. Utschick, "On the MSE-duality of the broadcast channel and the multiple access channel, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 698-713, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2008.2008253
- D. P. Palomar, J. M. Cioffi, and M. A. Lagunas, "Joint tx-rx beamforming design for multicarrier MIMO channels: a unified framework for convex optimization, " IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 2381-2401, Sep. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2003.815393
- C. M. Yetis, G. Tiangao, S. A. Jafar, and A. H. Kayran, "Feasibility conditions for interference alignment, " in Proc IEEE Globecom 2009., Dec. 2012.