- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Sociocultural Attitudes and Appearance Management Behavior in accordance with Gender Role Identity
- Park, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Fashion Design, Daegu University)
- Received : 2012.07.10
- Accepted : 2012.07.19
- Published : 2012.07.30
The purpose of this study was to classify types in sense of gender role identity and to figure out the difference among sociocultural attitude, benefits of clothing pursuit, and appearance management behaviors by sense of gender role identity types. Questionnaires were administered to 455 people in their twenties and thirties living in Daegu and Kyoungbuk area. Data were analyzed by using frequency, factor analysis, credibility,
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Bem, S. L.(1974), "The measurement of psychological androgyny", Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 42, pp.155-162. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0036215
- Yoon Euna, Lee Sunjae(2000), "A Study on Clothing Behavior and Clothing Image of Out/Inner Wear According to Sex Role Stereotype", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24(2), pp.152-163.
- Kim Yongsook(2009), "Body Image and Cosmetic Image Based on Women's sex Role Identity", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 59(3), pp.55-66.
- Choi Miyoung(2010), "A Study on the Clothing Involvement and Clothing Consumption Behavior of Female University Students according to Gender Role Attitude", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(8), pp.15-28.
- Lee Yoonjung(2007), "Male Consumers' Motives of Appearance Management Behavior-Focused on Their Sex Role Identities and Benefit Sought on Clothing-", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(4), pp.551-562. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.4.551
- Lee Youngju(2011), "Bag Preference of Men according to their Age and Gender-role Identity Types", Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 13(1), pp.82-90. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.1.082
- Lee Hyunji, Park Oklyun(2005), "The factor of feminization in men's fashion according to Sex Role Stereotype-research about 20's-30's mens-", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 14(6), pp.1027-1035.
- Lee Yoonjung(2005), "Clothing Shopping Orientation and Sex Role Identity of Male Consumers Aged Between 20 and 40", Korean Home Economic Association, 43(9), pp.27-40.
- Nam Sujung(2010), "Metro-sexual Consumption in Accordance with Identity of Gender Roles, Self-esteem and Culturalsocial Attitude toward Appearance", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 19(1), pp.91-102. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.1.091
- Lee Misook(2008), "The Effects of Gender-Role Identity on Adolescents' Self Esteem, Clothing Behaviors and Favorite Clothing Image-Focused on analysis by adolescent' sex and age variable-", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 17(4), pp.707-721. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2008.17.4.707
- Kim Hyunjeoung, Lee Myounghee(2010), "A Study of Appearance Management Behaviors and Body Exposure Attitudes according to Sex Role Identity", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(3), pp.99-109.
- Chang Hakyung, Seo Byongsook(1991), "A Study on the Sex-Role Identity Inventory", Korean Home Economic Association, 29(4), pp.167-179.
- Ku Yangsuk, Lee Youngju, Choo Taegue (2011), "A Study on Appearance Management Behavior of Male Consumers (III)-Focusing on the Gender Role Identity-", Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 13(2), pp.226-233. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.2.226
- Leslie J. Heinberg, J. Kevin Thompson, and Susan Stormer(1995), "Development and Validation of the Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire", International Journal of Eating Disorders, 17(1), pp.81-89. https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-108X(199501)17:1<81::AID-EAT2260170111>3.0.CO;2-Y
- Lee Seunghee, Lee Siweon(2009), "Public Self-Consciousness, Body Image, & Socio-Cultural Influence on Gender Differences", Journal of Fashion Business, 13(5), pp.45-54.
- Lee Jinkyung(2008. 02. 01.), "Alpha girl, gold miss, pet-man, the dissolution of traditional gender role", The Segye.com, Retrieved 2011. 06. 05, from http://search2.segye.com
- Hwang Yunjung, Yoo Taisoon(2010), "The effects of Sociocultural Attitudes Toward Appearance, Self-Esteem, and Physical Attractiveness Perceptiveness on Weight and Clothing Management Behaviors", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(11), pp.1923-1932. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.11.1923
- Lee Snagsun, Oh Kyungja(2003), "Validation study of the Sociocultural Attitudes towards Appearance Questionnaire in Korea", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 22(4), pp.913-926.
- Park Eunhee(2012), "The Effects of Sociocultural Attitude toward Appearance and Pursuit of Clothing Benefits on Ambivalent Consumption of Fashion Product", Journal of Fashion Business, 16(1), pp.137-149. https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2012.16.4.137
- Jeon Hyunjin, Chung Myungsun(2010), "The Effects of Sociocultural Attitudes Toward Appearance and Objected Body Consciousness on the Behavior of 20-30's Women for Appearance Management", Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, 16(2), pp.590-601.