- Volume 49 Issue 4
We propose a PLL-type position control method for step motors. Our control method considerably improves the instability problem at rapid acceleration or deceleration, which is a major problem of conventional open loop control methods. Moreover, our controller reduces the steady state position error to zero and guarantees lower vibration and acoustic noise at high speed. Also, our controller can produce more torque at high speed, and hence it can extend the controllable velocity range. To demonstrate the practical significance of our control method, we present some simulation results for a commercially available step motor using Simulink.
- B. C. Kuo, Incremental motion control vol. 2 : step motors and control systems, SRL Publishing Company, Champaign, Illinois, 1979.
- T. Kenjo, Electric motors and their controls, Oxford University Press Inc., New York, 1991.
- T. Kenjo and A. Sugawara, Stepping motors and their microprocessor controls, Oxford University Press Inc., New York, 1995.
- R. M. Crowder, Electric drives and their controls, Oxford University Press Inc., New York, 1995.
- C. H. Yim, I. J. Ha, and M. S. Ko, "A resolverto- digital conversion method for fast tracking," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp.369-378, Oct. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.161468
- S. H. Chu and I. J. Ha, "Control of hybrid step motors via a simplified linearization technique," International Journal of Control, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1143-1167, May 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179508921949
- 김창환, "Switched reluctance motor의 견실한 전류추적 제어기 설계," 제어.자동화.시스템공학 논문지, 제7권, 제3호, 218-228쪽, 2001년 3월