- Volume 49 Issue 4
Localization Using Extended Kalman Filter based on Chirp Spread Spectrum Ranging
확장 Kalman 필터를 적용한 첩 신호 대역확산 거리 측정 기반의 위치추정시스템
- Bae, Byoung-Chul (School of Information and Communication Engineering, Dongguk University) ;
- Nam, Yoon-Seok (School of Information and Communication Engineering, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2012.03.08
- Accepted : 2012.07.01
- Published : 2012.07.25
Location-based services with GPS positioning technology as a key technology, but recognizing the current location through satellite communication is not possible in an indoor location-aware technology, low-power short-range communication is primarily made of the study. Especially, as Chirp Spread Spectrum(CSS) based location-aware approach for low-power physical layer IEEE802.15.4a is selected as a standard, Ranging distance estimation techniques and data transfer speed enhancements have been more developed. It is known that the distance measured by CSS ranging has quite a lot of noise as well as its bias. However, the noise problem can be adjusted by modeling the non-zero mean noise value by a scaling factor which corresponds to the change of magnitude of a measured distance vector. In this paper, we propose a localization system using the CSS signal to measure distance for a mobile node taken a measurement of the exact coordinates. By applying the extended kalman filter and least mean squares method, the localization system is faster, more stable. Finally, we evaluate the reliability and accuracy of the proposed algorithm's performance by the experiment for the realization of localization system.
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- M. Weiser, "The Computer for the 21st Century", Scientific American, pp.94-104, 1991.
- "위치 정보 이용 활성화 계획", 방송통신위원회, 2010.6, pp.8-21
- I. Getting, "The Global Positioning System", IEEE Spectrum, Vol. 30 No. 12, pp.36-47, Dec. 1993.
- 남윤석, 허재두, "UWB 기술동향", 한국통신학회지 제 24권, 제 6호 pp. 41-49, 2007, 6
- A. Harter, A. Hopper, P. Steggles, A. Ward, and Paul Webster, "The Anatomy of a Context-Aware Application", in Proceedings of the Fifth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, USA, Aug. 1999, pp. 59-68
- N. B. Priyantha, A. Chakraborty and H. Balakrishnan, "The Cricket Location-support system", in Proceedings of the sixth Annual ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, Aug. 2000.
- P. Bahl and V. N. Padmanabhan, "RADER: An In-Building RF-based User Location and Tracking System", IEEE INFOCOM, Vol.2, Israel, Mar. 2000, pp. 775-784
- Joon-Yong Lee, Sungyul Yoo, "Large Error Performance of UWB Ranging in Multipath and Multiuser Environments," IEEE Trans on Microwave and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1887-1895, April 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2006.871997
- IEEE802.15.4a/D7, "Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs): Amendment to add alternate PHY," Jan. 2007.
- Yoon-Seok Nam, Bub-Joo Kang, Jae-Doo Huh, and Kwang-Roh Park, "Wirelessly Synchronized One-Way Ranging Algorithm with Active Mobile Modes," ETRI Journal, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 466-468, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.09.0208.0305
- L. Zhu and J. Zhu, "A New Model and its Performance for TDOA Estimation", IEEE Vehicular Technology Coference 2001, Vol.4, Oct. pp. 2750-2753, 2001.
- G. P. Yost and S. Panchapakesan, "Improvement in Estimation of Time of Arrival(TOA) from Timing Advance(TA)", IEEE International Conference on University personal Communication, Vol.2, Oct. 1998, pp. 1367-1372
- Kalman, R. E., "A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems", Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Basic Engineering, Pg. 35-45, March 1960.
- Frank L. Lewis, Optimal Estimation, John Wiley & Sons, 1986.
- 김성필, 칼만 필터의 이해, 아진, 2010, pp. 39-191.
- Hyeonwoo Cho and Sang Woo Kim, "Mobile Robot Localization Using Biased Chirp-Spread- Spectrum Ranging", IEEE Transaction on industrial electronics, vol. 57, no. 8, August. 2010.