- Volume 49 Issue 4
Image Reconstruction using Modified Iterative Landweber Method in Electrical Impedance Tomography
전기 임피던스 단층촬영법에서 수정된 반복 Landweber 방법을 이용한 영상 복원
- Kim, Bong-Seok (Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hoon (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Sin (Dept. of Nuclear and Energy Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Youn (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2012.02.14
- Accepted : 2012.06.27
- Published : 2012.07.25
Electrical impedance tomography is a relatively new imaging modality in which the internal conductivity (or resistivity) distribution of a object is reconstructed based on the injected currents and measured voltages through the electrodes placed on the surface of the object. In this paper, it is assumed that the relationship between the resistivity distribution and the resistance of electrodes is linear. From this linear relation, the weighting matrix can be obtained and modified iterative Landweber method is applied to estimate the internal resistivity distribution. Additionally, to accelerate the convergence rate and improve the spatial resolution of the reconstructed image, optimal step lengths for the iterative Landweber method are computed from the objective function in the least-square sense. The numerical experiments have been performed to illustrate the superior reconstruction performance of the proposed scheme.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. G. Webster, Electrical Impedance Tomography, IOP Publishing Ltd, 1990.
- D. S. Holder, Electrical Impedance Tomography: Methods, History and Applications, IOP Publishing Ltd, 2005.
- Y. Zou and Z. Guo, "A review of electrical impedance techniques for breast cancer detection," Med. Eng. Phys., Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 79-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1350-4533(02)00194-7
- 김경연, 김봉석, 강숙인, 김민찬, 이정훈, 이윤준, "조정 확장 칼만 필터를 이용한 동적 전기 임피던 스 단층촬영법," 전자공학회논문지, 제38권, SC편, 제5호, 23-32쪽, 2001년 9월.
- D. C. Barber and B. H. Brown, "Progress in electrical impedance tomography," Inverse Problems in Partial Differential Equations, SIAM, Chapter 10, pp. 151-163, 1990.
- M. Cheney, D. Isaacson, J. C. Newell, S. Simske and J. Goble, "NOSER: An algorithm for solving the inverse conductivity problem," Int. J. Imaging Syst. Technol., Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 66-75, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1002/ima.1850020203
- J. L. Mueller, D. Isaacson and J. C. Newell, "A reconstruction algorithm for electrical impedance tomography data collected on rectangular electrode arrays," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol. 46, No. 11, pp. 1379-1386, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/10.797998
- J. H. Kim, B. Y. Choi, U. Z. Ijaz, B. S. Kim, S. Kim and K. Y. Kim, "Directional algebraic reconstruction technique for electrical impedance tomography," J. Korean Phys. Soc., Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 1439-1447, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.54.1439
- W. Q. Yang and L. Peng, "Image reconstruction algorithm for electrical capacitance tomography," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1-13, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/14/1/301
- E. Somersalo, M. Cheney and D. Isaacson, "Existence and uniqueness for electrode models for electric current computed tomography," SIAM J. Appl. Math., Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1023-1040, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1137/0152060
- M. Vauhkonen, Electrical impedance tomography and prior information, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Kuopio, Finland, 1997.
- T. J. Yorkey, J. G. Webster and W. J. Tompkins, "Comparing reconstruction algorithms for electrical impedance tomography," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol. 34, pp. 843-852, 1987.
- W. Q. Yang, D. M. Spink, T. A. York and H. McCann, "An image-reconstruction algorithm based on Landweber's iteration method for electrical-capacitance tomography," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 1065-1069, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/10/11/315
- J. D. Jang, S. H. Lee, K. Y. Kim and B. Y. Choi, "Modified iterative Landweber method in electrical capacitance tomography," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 17, No. 7, pp. 1909-1917, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/17/7/032
- 이성훈, 장재덕, 김용성, 김경연, 최봉열, "수정된 generalized Landweber 방법을 이용한 ECT 영상 복원," 대한전자공학회, 전자공학회논문지, 제43권, SC편, 제5호, 68-79쪽, 2006년 9월.
- W. R. B Lionheart, "EIT Reconstruction algorithms: pitfalls, challenges and recent developments," Physiol. Meas., Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 125-142, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1088/0967-3334/25/1/021