- Volume 49 Issue 4
Marker-based Tangible Interfaces for 3D Reconstruction
3차원 재구성을 위한 마커 기반 탠저블 인터페이스
- Jung, Kyung-Boo (Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Jong-Il (Division of Computer Science and Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Byung-Uk (Division of Computer Science and Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2012.03.16
- Accepted : 2012.06.21
- Published : 2012.07.25
In order to support simple authoring an application of augmented reality for diverse users, the process for the object registration comprised of tracking and recognizing the object should be accomplished intuitively and simple. Although many 3D reconstruction methods to be applied to the object registration have been developed, the methods have not beyond the experimental level yet. In this paper, we proposed a novel marker-based tangible interfaces for various users to manipulate the object with intuitive and simple approaches during an authoring applications fo augmented reality. The proposed method make use of marker as intuitive interface to obtain 3D geometric information of 3D reconstruction. 3D geometric information of an object surface is acquired by touching the object directly with the proposed tangible interfaces. The tangible interfaces not only support 3D reconstruction for graphical modeling but also offer features information which is used for augmented reality. Finally, we verify efficiency of the proposed method with demonstration of an augmented reality application using the proposed method.
- Luca Vacchetti, Vincent Lepetit, and Pascal Fua, "Combining edge and texture information for real-time accurate 3D camera tracking," Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, pp. 48-57, Nov., 2004.
- Harald Wuest, Florent Vial, and Didier Stricker, "Adaptive Line Tracking with Multiple Hypotheses for Augmented Reality," Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, pp. 62-69, Oct., 2005.
- Mark Pupilli and Andrew Calway, "Real-time Camera Tracking Using a Particle Filter," Proceedings of the British Machine Vision Conference, pp. 519-528, Sept., 2005.
- Gun A. Lee, Claudia Nelles, Mark Billinghurst, and Gerard Jounghyun Kim, "Immersive authoring of tangible augmented reality applications," Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE/ ACM International Symposiumon Mixedand Augmented Reality, pp.172-181,Nov.,2004.
- M. Bordegoni and U. Cugini, "Haptic modeling in the conceptual phases of product design," Virtual Reality, Vol. 9, No. 2-3, pp. 192-202, Jan., 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10055-005-0013-3
- Pedro Santos, Andre Stork, Alexandre Buaes, and Joaquim Jorge, "Innovative Geometric Pose Reconstruction for Marker-based Single Camera Tracking," International Conference on Virtual Reality Continuum and its Applications, pp. 234-244, June, 2006.
- 이정규, 이종원, "모바일 환경 증강현실 콘텐츠 현장 저작 인터페이스", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 1-9, 2010.
- David G. Lowe, "Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints," International Journal of Computer Vision, pp. 91-110, Vol. 20, No. 2, Nov., 2004.
- Herbert Bay, Tinne Tuytelaars, and Luc Van Gool, "SURF: Speeded Up Robust Features," Proceedings of the ninth European Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 404-417, May, 2006.
- Young Min Kim, Crhistian Theobalt, James Diebel, Jana Kosecka, Branislav Miscusik, and Sebastian Thrun, "Multi-view Image and ToF Sensor Fusion for Dense 3D Reconstruction," IEEE 12th International Conference on Computer Vision Workshops, pp. 1542-1549, Oct., 2009.
- Szymon Rusinkiewicz, Olaf Hall-Holt, and Marc Levoy, "Real-time 3D model acquisition," Proceedings of the 29th annual conference on computer graphics and interactive techniques, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 438-466, July, 2002.
- Nader Salman and Mariette Yvinec, "High resolution surface reconstruction from overlapping multiple-views," Proceedings of the 25th annual symposium on Computational geometry, pp. 104-405, 2009.
- Adrien Bartoli, Peter Sturm, and Radu Horaud, "Projective Structure and Motion from Two Views of a Piecewise Planar Scene," Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 593-598, July, 2001.
- Carsten Rother, Stefan Carlsson, and Dennis Tell, "Projective Factorization of Planes and Cameras in Multiple Views," International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 737-740, Jan., 2002.
- Richard Hartley and Frederik Schaffalitzky, "PowerFactorization : 3D reconstruction with missing or uncertain data," Proceedings of Australia-Japan Advanced Workshop on Computer Vision, pp. 1-9, 2003.
- Kyungboo Jung, Seungdo Jeong, and Byung-Uk Choi, "Virtual Duplication of Rigid Objects from Image Sequences," Computer Science and Software Engineering, pp. 1166-1169, Dec., 2008.