- Volume 49 Issue 4
Improvement of Steganalysis Using Multiplication Noise Addition
곱셉 잡음 첨가를 이용한 스테그분석의 성능 개선
- Park, Tae-Hee (Dept. Mechatronics Eng., TongMyong University) ;
- Eom, Il-Kyu (Dept. Mechatronics Eng., TongMyong University)
- Received : 2012.06.18
- Accepted : 2012.07.03
- Published : 2012.07.25
This paper proposes an improved steganalysis method to detect the existence of secret message. Firstly, we magnify the small stego noise by multiplying the speckle noise to a given image and then we estimate the denoised image by using the soft thresholding method. Because the noises are not perfectly eliminated, some noises exist in the estimated cover image. If the given image is the cover image, then the remained noise will be very small, but if it is the stego image, the remained noise will be relatively large. The parent-child relationship in the wavelet domain will be slighty broken in the stego image. From this characteristic, we extract the joint statistical moments from the difference image between the given image and the denoised image. Additionally, four statistical moments are extracted from the denoised image for the proposed steganalysis method. All extracted features are used as the input of MLP(multilayer perceptron) classifier. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme outperforms previous methods in terms of detection rates and accuracy.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- C. Abbas, C. Joan, C. Kevin and M. Paul, "Digital image steganography : Survey and analysis of current methods", Signal Processing, vol. 90, pp. 727-752, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2009.08.010
- X.Y. Luo, D.S. Wang, P. Wang and F.L. Liu, "A review on blind detection for image steganography," Signal Processing, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 2138-2157, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2008.03.016
- S. Johri and A. Asthana, "An adaptive steganography technique for gray and colored images", Journal of Global Research in Computer Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 41-45, 2012.
- A. Nissar, A.H. Mir, "Classification of steganalysis techniques: A study," Digital Signal Processing, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1758-1770, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2010.02.003
- J. Fridrich, J. Kodovsky, "Rich Models for Steganalysis of Digital Images", IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 868-882, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIFS.2012.2190402
- I. Avcibas, M. Kharrazi, N. Memon, B. Sankur, "Image Steganalysis with Binary Similarity Measures," Journal on Applied Signal processing, vol. 2005, no. 17, 2005.
- H. Farid, S. Lyu, "Detecting hidden messages using higher order statistics and support vector machines", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2578, pp. 340-354, 2002.
- C. Liu, C. Ouyang, M. Guo and H. Chen, Harmsen and W. Pearlman. "Image steganalysis based on spatial domain and DWT domain features," Proceedings of Second International Conference on Network Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing pp. 329-331, 2010.
- G. Xuan, Y. Q. Shi, J. Gao, D. Zou, C. Yang, Z. Zhang, P. Chai, C. Chen, and W. Chen, "Steganalysis Based on Multiple Features Formed by Statistical Moments of Wavelet Characteristic Functions," Proceedings of Information Hiding Workshop, pp. 262-277, 2005.
- T.H. Park, S.H. Hyun, J.H. Kim and I.K. Eom, "Steganalysis Using Joint Moment of Wavelet Subbands," Journal of IEEK, vol. 48-SP, no. 3, pp. 71-78, 2011.
- A. Vishwa, S. Sharma, "Speckle noise reduction in ultrasound Images by wavelet thresholding," Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 2, 2012.
- D.L. Donoho, "De-noising by soft-thresholding," IEEE Trans on Information Theory, vol.41, pp.613-627, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.382009
- R.W. Buccigrossi, E.P.Simoncelli, "Image Compression via Joint Statistical Characterization in the Wavelet Domain", IEEE Trans Image Processing, vol. 8, pp. 1688-1701, Dec. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.806616
- W.H. Press, S.A. Teukolsky, W.T. Vetterling, and B.P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing, Third Edtion, pp.1235, New York: Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Y. Sun, F. Liu, B. Liu and P. Wang, "Steganalysis based on difference image," IWDW, LNCS, 2008.
- CorelDraw Software, www.CorelDraw.com.
- V. Jain, L. Kumar, M. M. Sharma, M. Sadiq and K. Rastogi, "Public-Key Steganography Based on Modifiend LSB Method", Journal of Global Research in Computer Science, vol. 3, no. 4, pp, 26-29, 2012.
- I.J. Cox, J. Kilian, T. Leighton and T. Shamoon, "Secure Spread Spectrum Watermarking for Multimedia," IEEE Trans. On Image Processing, vol. 6, pp. 1673-1687, 1997 https://doi.org/10.1109/83.650120
- A. Piva, M. barni, F. Bartolini and V. Cappellini, "DCT-based watermark recovering without resorting to the uncorrupted original image," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, vol.1, pp.520-523, 1997.
- A. Westfeld, "High capacity despite better steganalysis(F5-A steganographic algorithm)," Proceedings of third Internaitonal Information Hiding Workshop, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.2137, pp.289-302, 2001.
- WEKA, www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/
- I. H. Witten, E. Frank, Data Mining, Elservier, 2005.
- A.Westfeld, "ROC curves for steganalysis," Proceedings of the third WAVILA Challenge, pp. 39-45, 2007.