- Volume 49 Issue 4
With the rise of internet and e-commerce, this is more applicable now than ever. People rely on computer networks to provide them with news, stock prices, e-mail and online shopping. People's credit card details, medical records and other personal information are stored on computer systems. Many companies have a web presence as an essential part of their business. The research community uses computer systems to undertake research and to disseminate findings. The integrity and availability of all these systems have to be protected against a number of threats. Amateur hackers, rival corporations, terrorists and even foreign governments have the motive and capability to carry out sophisticated attacks against computer systems. Therefore, the field of information and communication security has become vitally important to the safety and economic well being of society as a whole. This paper provides an overview of IDS and IPS, their functions, detection and analysis techniques. It also presents comparison of security capability and characteristics of IDPS techniques. This will make basis of IDPS(Intrusion Detection and Protection System) technology integration for a broad-based IDPS solutions
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- Asmaa Shaker Ashoor, Sharad Gore, "Intrusion Detection System(IDS) & Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) : Case Study", Internatioanl Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Volume 2, Issue7, July 2011.
- Indraneel Mukhopadhyay, Mohuya Chakraborty, Satyajit Chakrabarti, "A Comparative Study of Related Technologies of Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems", Journal of Information Security, pp. 28-38, Feb. 2011.
- Ahmed Patel, Qais Qassim, Christopher Wills, "A survey of intrusion detection and prevention systems", Information Management & Computer Security Vol.18 No.4, 2010.
- NIST, "Guide to etection and Pevention Systems", Recommandations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2007.
- 백승현, 김승광, 박홍배, "사내 네트워크 보안을 위한 네트워크 접근제어시스템 설계 및 구현", 대한전자공학회 논문지, 제4권 TC편 제12호, 90-96쪽, 2010년 12월.