- Volume 7 Issue 6
The first frame of a GOP is encoded in intra mode which generates a larger number of bits. In addition, the first frame is used for the inter mode encoding of the following frames. Thus the intial QP for the first frame affects the first frame as well as the following frames. Traditionally, the initial QP is determined among four constant values only depending on the bpp. Although this initialization scheme is simple, yet it is not accurate enough. An accurate intial QP prediction scheme should not only depends on bpp but also on the complexity of the video sequence and the output bandwidth. In this paper, we propose a traffic model for finding the optimal initial QP which maximizes the PSNR of the GOP. We also propose a method to find model parameters for real-time video encoding. It is shown by experimental results that the proposed traffic model captures initial QP characteristics effectively and the proposed method for model parameters accurately estimates the real values.
- Z. Chen and K.N. Ngan, "Recent advances in rate control for video coding," Signal Process.: Image Commun., Vol 22, pp. 19-38, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.image.2006.11.002
- 신윤정, 손남례, N.D. Toan, 이귀상, "움직임벡터 군집화를 이용한 H.264/AVC에서 MPEG-2 로의 트랜스코딩", 한국전자통신학회논문지, 5권, 1호, pp. 23-30, 2010.
- 곽성우, 최홍, 양정민, "HSPDA 기반 실시간 영상 전송 및 위치 인식 시스템", 한국전자통신학회논문지, 7권, 1호, pp. 21-26, 2012.
- 윤홍준, 서영호, 최현준, 김동욱, "H.264/A VC 의 고속 인트라 예측 방법," 한국해양정보통신학회논문지, 10권, 7호, pp. 1172-1179, 2006.
- T. Wiegand, G. J. Sullivan, G. Bjontegaard, and A. Luthra, "Overview of the H.264/AVC video coding standard," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., Vol. 7, No. 7, pp. 1-19, 2003.
- K. Lim, G. Sullivan, and T. Wiegand, "Text Description of Joint Model Reference Encoding Methods and Decoding Concealment Methods," JVT-W057, San Jose, CA, 2007.
- H. Wang and S. Kwong, "Rate-Distortion Optimization of Rate Control for H.264 With Adaptive Initial Quantization Parameter Determination," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 140-144, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.913757
- P.C. Young, "Recursive Estimation and Time-Series Analysis," Springer-Verlag Heidelberg, pp. 29-45, 2011.