- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Gaussian Mixture Model Based Smoke Detection Algorithm Robust to Lights Variations
Gaussian 혼합모델 기반 조명 변화에 강건한 연기검출 알고리즘
- Received : 2012.07.15
- Accepted : 2012.08.09
- Published : 2012.08.31
In this paper, a smoke detection algorithm robust to brightness and color variations depending on time and weather is proposed. The proposed smoke detection algorithm specifies the candidate region using difference images of input and background images, determines smoke by comparing feature coefficients of Gaussian mixture model of difference images. Thresholds for specifying candidate region is divided by four levels according to average brightness and chrominance of input images. Clusters of Gaussian mixture models of difference images are aligned according to average brightness. Smoke is determined by comparing distance of Gaussian mixture model parameters. The proposed algorithm is implemented by media dedicated DSP. As results of experiments, it is shown that the proposed algorithm is effective to detect smoke with camera installed outdoor.
Supported by : 경성대학교
- X. L. Zhou, F. X. Yu, Y. C. Wen, Z. M. Lu and G. H. Song, "Early Fire Detection Based on Flame Contours in Video," Information Technology Journal, pp. 1-10, Oct. 2010.
- K. Beall, W. Grosshadler and H. Luck, "Smoldering Fire Detection by Image- processing", 12th International Conference on Automatic Fire Detection, pp. 71-78, March, 2001.
- E. D. Breejen, M. Breuers, F. Cremer, R. Kemp, M. Roos, K. Schutte, J. S. de Vries, "Autonomous Forest Fire Detections", International Conference on Forest Fire Research 14th Conference on Fire and Forest Meteorology Vol. II, pp. 2003-2012, Nov., 1998.
- H. Yamagish, J. Yamaguchi, "Fire Flame Detection Algorithm Using a Color Camera", International Symposium on Micromechatronics and Human Science, 1999.
- Healey, G., Slater, D., Lin, T., Drda, B., Goedeke, A.D., 1993. A system for real-time fire detection. In: Proc. IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference (CVPR93), pp. 605-606, 1993.
- B. U. Toreyin, Y. Dedeoglu, U. Gudukbay and A. E. Cetin, "Computer vision based method for real-time and flame detection", Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier, 2005.
- Haque, M., Murshed, M. and Paul, M "On Stable Dynamic Background Generation Technique Using Gaussian Mixture Models for Robust Object Detection", AVSS '08. IEEE Fifth International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 41-48, 2008.