- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Measurement of Severity of Hazards and Investment in Occupational Safety & Health According to Ship Types Using Analytic Hierarchy Process
AHP를 이용한 조선업 선종별 위험도 및 안전관리 수요 예산에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jong-Bin (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Chang, Seong-Rok (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.06.13
- Accepted : 2012.01.04
- Published : 2012.02.29
Although reinforcement of work intensity caused by the recent prosperity of shipbuilding businesses and the steady increasing of results which produces orders has difficulties with heavy workload, unique work circumstance in shipbuilding industry where main and subcontractor do the job together is not easy to manage its safety systematically. According to KOSHA(Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency), there were 2, 587 deaths of 95,806 disaster victims a year on average for late 6 years(2003-2008), therein 36,605 disaster victims and 646 death in manufacture where shipbuilding have 2,287 victims, 6.25% of total disaster victims and 45 deaths, 6.97%. Moreover it shows much higher accident rate in shipbuilding industry in Korea than well developed countries in this industry as Japan, Singapore, Taiwan and so it does about 3 to 10 times higher in case of death. Compared to Japan with a shipbuilding competition of orders received system, 2 times and 2.3 times higher for each and it is more than 2 times higher than accident rate of all domestic industries. These increasing of disaster result in a labor-management dispute and it is necessary that more positive efforts and investments because there occurs blind spot, neglected industry safety and health management by lack of them, Therefore this study, for the effective safety and health management of shipbuilding industry, attempts to analyze risk on kinds of ships and budget needed in safety management through classifying ships that are being made recently by three dominate major companies. For this, we carried out a survey and interview targeting experts related to shipbuilding industry and used AHP(Analytic Hierarchy Process) for result analysis. It is considered that cost of safety and health management will be spent more effectively on the results about risk on kinds of ships and budget needed in safety management in the study and that this study can contribute to decreasing disasters in shipbuilding industry.
analytic hierarchy process;shipbuilding industry;severity of hazards;investment;ship types
- 최정우, 유진환, 김형준, 서재민, 김성빈, 윤기봉, "조선업 사업장의 안전관리 시스템 구축에 관한 연구", 한국산업안전학회지, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 14, 2008.
- 한국조선공업협회, 조선인력현황, 2009.
- 한국산업안전보건공단, 산업재해분석, 2001-2009.
- 박도제, "한국 조선 트리플 1위 중국에 내주나", 헤럴드 경제, 2009.
- 이현식, "조선기자재산업의 고부가가치화 전략", 한국조선기자재연구원, 부산테크노포럼 20차 발표자료, 2007.
- Forman, E. H. and Peniwati, K., "Aggregating Individual Judgements and Priorities with the Analytic Hierarchy Process", European Journal of Operational Research 108, pp. 165-169, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(97)00244-0
- Wind Y. and Gross, D., "An Analytic Hierarchy Approach to the Allocation of Resources within a Target Product / Market / Distribution Portfolio", Proceeding of the First ORSA/ITMS Special Interest Conference on Market Measurement and Analysis, Standford University, pp. 278-297, 1980.
- Dyer, R. F. and Forman, E. H., "An Analytic Approach to Marketing Decisions", Prentice-Hall, 1991.
- Saaty, T. L. and Ozdemir, M. S., "Why the Magic Number Seven Plus or Minus Two", Mathematical and Computer Modelling 38, pp. 233-144, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-7177(03)90083-5
- Saaty, T. L., "Rank from comparisons and from ratings in the analytic hierarchy/network processes", European Journal of Operational Research 168, pp. 557-570, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2004.04.032
- Harker, P. T. and Vargas, L. G., "Theory of Ratio Scale Estimation: Saaty's Analytic Hierarchy Process", Management Science, Vol. 33, No. 11, pp. 1383-1403. 1987. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.33.11.1383