- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Identification of Running Vehicle Properties by Vertical Stiffener Response of Steel Girder Bridge
강 거더교의 수직보강재 응답을 이용한 주행차량의 특성 추정
- Lee, Hee-Hyun (Construction Technology Consultant Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jeon, Jun-Chang (Construction Technology Consultant Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jung, Min-Sun (Department of Civil Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kyung, Kab-Soo (Department of Civil Engineering, Korea Maritime University)
- Received : 2012.01.09
- Accepted : 2012.02.23
- Published : 2012.02.29
The BWIM(Bridge Weigh-In-Motion) is a technology to identify vehicle properties, such as weight, speed, axle spacing and running lane, passing over a bridge by using dynamic response of bridge member. Such information will be used for assessing durability and establishing a maintenance strategy of roadway structures. In this paper, as a first step for developing BWIM system, analytical and experimental studies were conducted in order to verify whether the response of vertical stiffener in steel girder bridge can be used to identify vehicle properties running on the bridge. It was known from this study that such vehicle information could be estimated reasonably by using strain time history curve of a vertical stiffener due to running vehicles. It is because the effect of each axle-load of vehicle appears definitely in the curve. However, as the magnitude of strain of vertical stiffener is effected by running pattern of vehicles, further study is necessary to reduce error when estimating vehicle weight.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- F. Moses, "Weigh-In-Motion System using Instrumented Bridge", Transportation Engineering Journal, ASCE, Vol. 105, pp. 233-249, 1979.
- Y. L. Xu, Z. W. Chen, and K. Y. Wong, "Vehicle loading and effect on the Tsing Ma Bridge using WIM data", International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety, Management and Life-Cycle Optimization, pp. 985-992, 2010.
- L. Zhang, C. Haas, and S. L. Tighe, "Evaluating Weigh-In-Motion Sensing Technology for Traffic Data Collection", Annual Conference of the Transportation Association of Canada, pp. 1-17, 2007.
- 박민석, 조병완, "주행중인 차량하중 측정을 위한 BWIM 시스템 개발", 한국구조물진단학회, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 111-122, 2006.
- H. H. Lee, J. C. Jeon, K. S. Kyung, and T. Mori, "Influence of Moving Vehicle on Fatigue of Steel Girder Bridge", International Journal of Steel Structures, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 269-278, 2006.
- H. H. Lee, J. C. Jeon, and K. S. Kyung, "Determination of a Reasonable Impact Factor for Fatigue Investigation of Simple Steel Plate Girder Railway Bridges", Engineering Structures(accepted at Dec. 12, 2011).
- D. I. Chang, and H. H. Lee, "Impact Factors for Simple Span Highway Girder Bridges", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 120, No. 3, pp. 704-715, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(704)
- K. J. Bathe, and E. L. Wilson, Numerical methods in finite element analysis, Prentice-Hall, Inc., pp. 322-326, 1976.
- 건설교통부, 도로설계편람(III), 2000.
- 李熙賢, "桁形式鋼道路橋の疲労寿命評価法と疲労設計用衝擊係数の検討", 博士學位論文, 法政大学, 2007.
- ASTM, Standard Specification for Highway Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) Systems with User Requirements and Test Methods, ASTM E1318-09, 2009.