- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Robust Optimal Damper Design of Structures with Modal Uncertainty Using Multi-Objective System Identification
다목적 시스템식별을 이용한 모우드 불확실성이 있는 구조물의 강인 최적 감쇠기 설계
- Jeong, Seong-Woon (Yooshin Engineering Corporation, Institute of Engineering Technology) ;
- Ok, Seung-Yong (Department of Safety Engineering, Hankyong National University) ;
- Park, Won-Suk (Korea Bridge Design and Engineering Research Center, Seoul National University) ;
- Koh, Hyun-Moo (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2011.11.01
- Accepted : 2012.02.14
- Published : 2012.02.29
This paper proposes a robust damper design technique for adjacent structures against model uncertainty. This approach introduces multi-objective optimization based system identification using measurement information which enables reasonable selection of the perturbation range in the robust design. Moreover, in order to improve the numerical efficiency in sampling the structural models required for the robust design of large structures, we define new objective functions which enable us to minimize the number of candidate models suitable to the purpose of the robust design. In addition, the performance index is newly employed to evaluate the robust performance of the sampled structural models, and the robust design has been performed according to the performance index. As a numerical example to demonstrate the efficiency of the proposed method, 5-story and 10-story two adjacent buildings are taken into account, and the existing and newly proposed robust design approaches are compared with each other. The results demonstrate that the proposed approach can guarantee more robust damper system only using small number of samples of the structural models because of using the measurement information which leads to improvement in the numerical efficiency, compared with the existing robust design methods.
Grant : 에너지 저감에 따른 물류시설 및 설비의안정성 및 신뢰성 연구
Supported by : 경기도지역협력연구센터(GRRC)
- Klein, R. E., Cusano, C. and Stukel, J., "Investigatin of a method to stabilize wind induced oscillations in large structures", Paper No. 72-WA/AUT-H Presented at 1972 ASME Winter Annual Meeting, New York, November, 1972.
- Luco, J. E. and De Barros, F. C. P., "Optimal damping between two adjacent elastic structures", Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 649-659, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199807)27:7<649::AID-EQE748>3.0.CO;2-5
- 옥승용, 박관순, 고현무, "인접구조물의 진동제어를 위한 선형감쇠시스템의 최적설계", 한국지진공학회논문집, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 85-100, 2006.
- Sungmoon Jung, Seung-Yong Ok, and Junho Song, "Robust structural damage identification based on multiobjective optimization", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 81, pp. 786-804, 2010.
- 박종칠, 박찬민, 김병화, 이일근, 조병완, "장기계측에 의한 서해대교 사장교의 동특성 평가", 한국지진공학회논문집, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 115-123, 2006.
- 옥승용, 박관순, 송준호, 고현무, "목표신뢰성을 만족하는 구조물-감쇠기 복합시스템의 다목적통합최적설계", 한국지진공학회논문집, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 9-22, 2008.
- Deb K., Pratap A., Agarwal S. and Meyarivan T., "A fast and elitist multi-objective genetic algorithm: NSGAII", IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 181-197, 2002.
- Chopra, A. K., Dynamics of structures: theory and applications to earthquake engineering, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 1995.