- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Characterization of Ductile Metal-FRP Laminated Composites for Strengthening of Structures: Part-II Tensile Behavior
사회기반설물의 내진 보강을 위한 연성재-FRP적층복합체의 역학적 거동 특성 분석: Part-II휨 거동
- Park, Cheol-Woo (Department of Civil Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- 박철우 (강원대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2011.09.15
- Accepted : 2012.02.14
- Published : 2012.02.29
Steel plate or FRP materials have been typically used for the seismic retrofit of civil infrastructures. In order to overcome the limitation of each retrofitting material, a composite material, which takes advantages from both metal and fiber polymer materials, has been developed. In the study herein, the composite retrofitting material consists of metal part(steel or aluminum) and FRP sheet part(glass or carbon fiber). The metal part can enhance the ductility and the FRP part the ultimate strength. As a preliminary study to investigate the fundamental mechanical characteristics of the metal-FRP laminated composite material this study performed the flexural fracture test with various experimental variables including the number, the angle and the combination of FRP laminates. From the aluminum-FRP composite tests no great increase in flexural strength and flexural toughness were observed. However, flexural toughness of steel-FRP laminate composite was increased so that its behavior can be considered in the retrofit design. In addition, the angle and the kind of fibers should be carefully considered in conjunction with the expected loading conditions.
seismic retrofit;steel;aluminum;FRP laminate composite;flexural behavior;flexural toughness
- 신정열, 안태기, 김진호, 황경필, 박은천, 도시철도 역사구조물 손상탐지 및 건전성 평가기법 개발방안, 한국철도학회, 한국철도학회 2007년도 추계학술대회논문집, pp. 1242-1247, 2007.
- 김두기, FRP-연성재 복합재로 보강된 도시철도 개착식 터널기중의 내진보강효과, 한국구조문진단유지관리공학회, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 85-92, 2010.
- 박태만, 박성민, 홍혁준, 강경수, 윤정배, 복합판으로 보강된 철근콘크리트 기중의 내진성능연구, 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 113-120, 2005.
- 박철우, 사회기반시설물의 내진 보강을 위한 연성재-FRP적층복합체의 역학적 거동 특성 분석: Part-I 인장 거동, 한국안전학회 논문집, Vol. 27, No. 1 , pp. 55-62, 2012.