- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Characteristic of Extinguishment of Engine Nacelle Fire Using a Bluff Body
둔각 물체를 이용한 엔진 나셀 화재 소화 특성
- Lee, Jung-Ran (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Eui-Ju (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.10.08
- Accepted : 2012.02.02
- Published : 2012.02.29
The purpose of the study is to assess the extinguishing concentration of inert gases in engine nacelle fire. The experiment was performed with a two dimensional rectangular bluff body stabilized flames, where the fuel was ejected to counter flow and co-flow against an oxidizer stream. Two inert gases,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- NFPA, "The SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering", 3rd ed, 2002.
- Anon, "Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing System", National Fire Protection Agency, NFPA 2001, Quincy, MA, 2000.
- Santosh J. Shanbhogue, Sajjad Husain, and Tim Lieuwen, "Lean blowoff of bluff body stabilized flames: Scaling and dynamics", Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 35, 98-120, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2008.07.003
- I. Esquiva-Danoa, H. T. Nguyena, and D. Escudiea, "Influence of a bluff-body's shape on the stabilization regime of non-premixed flames", Combust. Flame Vol. 127, pp. 2167-2180, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(01)00318-2
- B. B. Dallya, A. R. Masria, R. S. Barlowb, G. J. Fiechtnerb, and D. F. Fletcher, "Measurements of no in turbulent non-premixed flames stabilized on a bluff body", Proc. Combust. Inst. Vol. 26, pp. 2191-2197, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(96)80045-2
- A. Kempfa, b, R. P. Lindstedta, and J. Janickab, "Largeeddy simulation of a bluff-body stabilized nonpremixed flame", Combust. Flame Vol. 144, pp. 170-189, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2005.07.006
- B. B. Dallya, D. F. Fletcherb, and A. R. Masria, "Flow and mixing fields of turbulent bluff-body jets and flames", Combustion Theory and Modelling, Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 193-219, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1088/1364-7830/2/2/006
- Y. Chen, C. Chang, K. Pan, and J. Yang, "Flame Liftoff and Stabilization Mechanisms of Nonpremixed Jet Flames on a Bluff-body Burner", Combustion and flame, Vol. 115, pp. 51-65, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(97)00336-2
- A. Hamins, C. Presser, and L. Melton, "Suppression of a baffle-stabilized spray flame by Halogenated Agents", The Combustion Institute, pp. 1413-1420, 1996.
- A. G. Bakrozis, D. Papailiou, and P. Koutmos, "A study of the turbulent structure of a two-dimensional diffusion flame formed behind a slender bluff-body", Combust. Flame Vol. 119, pp. 291-306, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(99)00061-9
- P. Koutmos, C. Mavridis, and D. Papailiou, "A study of turbulent diffusion flames formed by planar fuel injection into the wake formation region of a slender square cylinder", Proc. Combust. Inst. Vol. 26, pp. 161-168, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(96)80213-X
- D. Papailiou, P. Koutmos, and A. G. Bakrozis, "Simulations of fuel injection and flame stabilization in the wake formation region of a slender cylinder", Proc. Combust. Inst. Vol. 28, pp. 91-99, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(00)80199-X
- 지정훈, 이의주, "제트확산화염에서의 불활성기체 소화농도", 한국안전학회지, Vol. 24(1), pp. 21-25, 2009.