- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Safety Diagnosis for Power Systems Using a UV Camera
자외선 검출 카메라를 이용한 전력시스템의 안전진단에 관한 연구
- Yu, Byeong-Yeol (Graduate School of Energy and Environment, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Chan-O (Department of Safety Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2011.11.07
- Accepted : 2012.02.15
- Published : 2012.02.29
This paper describes the diagnosis techniques using UV images taken in the field under energized condition of power equipments in order to figure out and analyze the abnormal states on the terminals of power equipments. To classify the features of the terminals, the counted No. of the corona generated at the terminals is defined. According to the result detected, the No. of corona detected on the power equipments installed inside a building is less than that installed outside a building, and it strongly depends on the environment and installed condition. Thus, the environmental condition needs enhanced, and stable operation by the periodic inspection under energized condition of the power equipments is required. Especially, the event counting technique using UV camera is useful for the power equipments apart more than 20 m to apply, and there can be an error due to the features of the sensing techniques when the distance between the user and the objects is close less than 15 m. Therefore, the experimental result shows that event counting technique is employed in the case of the distance more than 15 m. The electrical safety can be ensured by using the UV detection technique and the criteria.
diagnosis techniques;UV image;power equipment;terminal;No. of the corona
- T. Oda, and Y. Ito, "Studies on Electrostatic Surface Discharges on Corona-Charged Polymer Surfaces", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 656-661, July 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.55990
- P. Blackmore, and D. Birtwhistle, "Surface Discharges on Polymeric Insulator Shed Surfaces", IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 210-217, April 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.595248
- Y. Zhu et al., "Corona Discharge Phenomenon and Behavior of Water Droplets on the Surface of Polymer in the AC Electric Field", Proc. of the 7th Int'l Conf. on Properties and Applications of Dielectric Materials, p. 3-31, pp. 638-641, June, 2003.
- 유병열, "적외선열화상진단장비" 월간전기 7월호, pp. 76-78, 2008.
- C. A. Belhadj et al., "An experimental measurement of corona discharge using laser Doppler Velocimetry", Conf. Record of the 1998 IEEE Int'l Symp. on Electrical Insulation, pp. 503-506, June, 1998.
- J. K. Yoon et al, "Controllable In-Line UV Sensor Using a Side-Polished Fiber Coupler With Photofunctional Polymer", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 837-839, June, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2003.811341
- S. W. Jang et al., "UV-Sensitive Photofunctional Device Using Wvanescent Field Absorption Between SU- 8 Polymer Optical Waveguide and Photochromic Dye", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 82-84, January 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2005.860394
- 송길영, "신편 송배전 공학", 동일출판사, pp. 146- 147. 1992
- SEVITTECH Co., Ltd. "DayCor(r) II 사용자 가이드", pp. 100-101.
- 송길목, 김영석, "22.9 kV급 애자의 표면오염에 의 한 자외선 영상과 열화판정", 한국조명전기설비학회, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 167-174, 2010.
- 송길목, 김영석, 정진수, "방전모델에서의 자외선 검출 이미지 분석과 안전기준", 대한전기학회 Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 566-572, 2009.
- 황명환, "코로나 대전된 복합절연재료의 표면상태가 전위감쇠에 미치는 영향, 한국산업안전협회지, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 65-69, 6월, 1997.