- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Temporal and Spatial Variations of SL/SST in the Korean Peninsula by Remote Sensing
원격탐사를 이용한 한반도 주변해역의 해수면/해수온의 시·공간변동 특성 연구
- Received : 2012.03.08
- Accepted : 2012.04.07
- Published : 2012.04.30
NOAA/AVHRR, Topex/Poseidon, and Jason-1 data were used to analyze sea surface temperatures and thermal fronts in the North East Asia Seas. Temporal and spatial analyses were based on data from 1993 to 2008. The amplitude and phase for the annual mode on SL and SST were investigated with harmonic analysis. The geographical distribution of amplitudes for comparison of SL and SST are slightly reverse in southwest-northeast tilted direction. The time series analysis conducted on the entire researched area presented consistent pattern. Peak of Sea Level was presented 1~2 months after the peak of the surface sea temperature was shown. This explains that Sea Level change occurs after the generation of surface sea temperature change in sea. The Sobel edge detection method delineated four fronts. Thermal fronts generally occurred over steep bathymetric slopes. Annual amplitudes and phases were bounded within these frontal areas.
Sea Level;SST;Thermal Fronts;Interannual variations
- 나정열 외(1997). 한국 동해에서의 해면기압, 해수면 온도와 해상풍의 경험적 직교함수 분석, 한국수산학회지 30(2), 188-202.
- 박성주(1999). NOAA 원격탐사자료에 의한 한반도 주변해역의 표면수온 변동, 부경대학교 석사학위 논문, 61.
- 서영상 외 (2003). 지구환경 변화와 관련된 한국 연근해 해양 이상변동, 한국환경과학회지 12(3), 257-263.
- 유용훈 외(2000). 동아시아 지역에서의 Topex/Poseidon 고도자료와 현상해수면 치료와의 비교 Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanogrphy 5(4), 267-275.
- 이석우(1967). 한국연안의 월평균해면의 변화에 대하여, 한국해양학회지 2, 24-33.
- 한인성(1998). 쓰시마난류에 의한 동해 열 수송, 부경대학교 석사학위 논문, 35.
- Akio, M, Toru, Y. & Masaruto, S.(1993). Fluctuation in Volume Transport Distribution Accompanied by the Kuroshio Front Migration in the Tokara Strait, Journal of Oceanography 49, 231-245. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02237290
- Budgell W. Paul(2003). Data Fusion Approaches for Merging Marine Remote Sensing Data, LIFECO Deliverables, 7-8.
- Berkin I. & Cornillon P.(2003). SST fronts of the pacific coastal and marginal seas, Pacific Oceanography 1(2), 90-113.
- Choi. Y. K., Yang. S. K., Cho. K. D., Lee. J. C., & Hong. C. H.(1993). Possible formation area of the Japan Sea proper water, Journal of Korean Envi. Sci. Soc 2(1), 27-42.
- Everson, R., Cornillon, P., Sirovich, L., & Webber. A. (1997). Am empirical eigenfunction analysis of sea surface temperatures in the Western North Atlantic, Journal of Physical Occanography 27(3), 468-479. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1997)027<0468:AEEAOS>2.0.CO;2
- Gould W. Richard & Arnone A. Robert(2004). Temporal and spatial variability of satellite sea surface temperature and ocean colour in the Japan/East Sea, International Journal of Remote Sensing 25(7-8), 1377-1382. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431160310001592328
- Hickox R., Belkin. I.M., Cornillon. P., & Shan. Z.(2000). Climatology and seasonal variability of fronts in the East China, Yellow and Bohai Seas from satellite SST data, Geophysical Research Letters 27(18), 2945- 2948. https://doi.org/10.1029/1999GL011223
- Isoda, Y.(1994). Warm eddy movements in the Eastern Japan Sea, Journal of Oceanography 50, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02233852
- Kang, Y. Q.(1984). Seasonal Variation of Surlace Temperatures in the Neighbouring Seas of Korea, Journal of Oceanol. Soc. Korea 19(1), 31-35.
- Kang. Y. Q. & Lee. B. D.(1985). On the annual variation of mean sea level along the coast of Korea, J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr 20, 2-30.
- Lie H. J.(1979). Effects of ahmospheric pressure and wind stress on daily mean sea level in the bay of Bascay - analysis of continental shelf waves, Journal of Oceanolgical Society of Korea 14(2), 45-53.
- Yanagi, T.(1987). Classification of 'siome' streaks and fronts, Journal of Oceanolgical Society of Japan 43, 149-158. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02109215
- Yoon, H. J.(2001). On Climatic Characteristics in the East Asian Seas by satellite data (NOAA, Topex/Poseidon), Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society 10(6), 423-429.
- Youn. Y. H.(2002), Comparison of sea level data from Topex/Poseidon and in-situ tide-gauges in the East sea, Jour, Korean Earth Science Society 23(4), 349-356.
- Seasonal Characteristics of Sea Surface Winds and Significant Wave Heights Observed Marine Meterological Buoys and Lighthouse AWSs near the Korean Peninsula vol.24, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.3.291
Supported by : 부경대학교