- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Knowledge and Awareness of Nurses and Doctors Regarding Cancer Pain Management in a Tertiary Hospital
일개 상급종합병원 간호사와 의사의 암성 통증관리 지식 및 인식도
- Kim, Hee-Jin (Department of Nursing, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Park, Ihn-Sook (Department of Nursing, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Kang, Kyung-Ja (Department of Nursing, PAI CHAI University)
- Received : 2012.05.04
- Accepted : 2012.06.07
- Published : 2012.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to compare and check the levels of cancer pain management knowledge and awareness between doctors and nurses in a tertiary hospital and to develop an intervention program. Methods: Participants were 725 nurses and 95 doctors working in a hospital from May 2 to 29, 2009. Data were analyzed using t-tests,
- Korea National Statistics Office. Annual report on the causes of death statistics 2008. Seoul. Available at: http://kosis.kr/abroad/abroad_01List.jsp [accessed on 1 April 2009].
- Paice JA. Pain. In: Yarbro CH, Frogge MH, Goodman M, editors. Cancer Symptom Management. 3rd ed. Massachusetts:Jones and Bartlett Publishers;2004. p.77.
- Han KJ, Lee EO, Kim MJ, Park YS, Hah YS, Song MS, et al. Cancer patients' needs when chemotherapy ends. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2005;5: 107-15.
- Kim SO. The plan for systematic improvement in using a narcotic drug to reduce pain for cancer patient in terminal stage [dissertation]. Seoul: Yonsei Univ.;2006.
- Herdon CM. Pharmacologic management of cancer pain. JNN 2003; 35:321-6.
- Gong SW, Ban JY, Seo MS, Hyun SS, Kim HJ, Lee MA, et al. Knowledge and attitudes of oncology nurses toward cancer pain managements. Korean J Adult Nurs 2004;16:5-16.
- National Cancer Information Center. Cancer pain management guideline. 3rd ed. Avaliable at;http://www.cancer.go.kr/ncic/cics_t/01/011/index.html[accessed on 1 March 2009].
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute (2007). Guidelines for hospital evaluation programme. Seoul:Ministry Health and welfare press.
- Park HA, Koh MJ, Lee HS, Kim YM, Kim MS. Nurses' knowledge about and attitude toward cancer pain management: a survey from korean cancer pain management project. Korean J Adult Nurs 2003;15: 205-14.
- Kim MR. Knowledge about cancer pain management of clinical nurses [dissertation]. Seoul:Catholic Univ.;2008.
- Hwang KO. Clinical nurses' knowledge and practice on nursing intervention to relieve the pain of patients with cancer [dissertation]. Seoul: Korea Univ.;2006.
- Kim HK, Lee HS, Hwang KH, Yoo YS, Lee SM. Positive and negative determinants for pain management in both cancer patients and their nurses. J Korean acad Funda Nurs 2006;13:68-75.
- Kang SG. A study on the nurses' knowledge regarding pain and their pain interventions [dissertation]. Seoul:Chung-Ang Univ.;2007.
- Uhm SY. A study on the knowledge of pain and the pain intervention of clinical nurses [dissertation]. Gongju:Kong Ju National Univ.;2007.
- Jun MH, Park KS, Gong SH, Lee SH, Kim YH, Choi JS. Knowledge and attitude toward cancer pain management:clinical nurses versus doctors. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2006;12:115-23.
- Choi SY. Pain management and pain knowledge of nurses. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2004;4:82-90.
- Lee HY, Lee YO, Choi EY, Park YM. A comparison on stress and coping of bereavement care between nurses in the cancer unit and nurses in the general unit. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2007;7:26-35.
- Lee SH. Knowledge and attitudes of clinical nurses and doctors toward cancer pain management. [dissertation]. Daejeon:Daejeon Univ.;2003.
- Jung KI, Park JS, Kim HO, Yoon MO, Moon MY. A survey of nurses' and doctors' knowledge toward cancer pain management. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 2004;10:111-24.
- Mun JH. The comparison of physicia's and nurse's knowledge and attitudes toward pain management [dissertation]. Daegu:Kyungpook National Univ.;2011.
- Park YS, Shin YH. Nurses' knowledge on pain management. Korean J Adult Nurs 1995;6:299-307.
- Kim SJ, Hong EH, Sung LN, Kim ES, Hing EH, Yeum MR, et al. Effects of a systemic pain management method used by a group of nurses on pain management of oncology patients. Korean J Adult Nurs 1999;9: 148-61.
- Hong YS. Past, present and future of hospice in Korea. J Korean Med Assoc 2008;51:509-16.
- Sandoval LM. An analysis of the concept of pain. J Adv Nurs 1999;29: 935-41.
- Vallerand AH, Musto S, Polomano RC. Nursing's role in cancer pain management. Curr Pain Headache Rep 2011;15:250-62.