- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Horticultural Therapy Program on State-Anxiety, Fatigue and Quality of Life among Women Cancer Survivors
원예요법프로그램이 여성 암생존자의 상태불안과 피로 및 삶의 질에 미치는 효과
- Oh, Kyong-Ok (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Gang, Moon-Hee (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jung, Kwon-Sook (College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2012.04.10
- Accepted : 2012.06.01
- Published : 2012.06.30
Purpose: This study was designed to examine the effects of horticultural therapy program on state-anxiety, fatigue and quality of life (QoL) of among women cancer survivors. Methods: Quasi-experimental study was used with a nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design. Data were collected from February to June, 2009. Participants consisted of 40 women cancer survivors in community. The experimental group participated in horticultural therapy program once a week for 18 weeks. Data were analyzed with SPSS/WIN 18.0 program using
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. Annual report of cancer statistics in Korea in 2009. Seoul:Ministry of Health & Welfare;2011.
- Yang JH. The actual experiences of the living world among cancer patients. J Korean Acad Nurs 2008;38:140-51.
- Mary AM. Cancer survivorship: History, quality of life issues, and the evolving multidisciplinary approach to implementation of cancer survivorship care plans. Oncol Nurs Forum 2009;36:429-36.
- Park MS, Kim KS. Cancer survivors' life experience. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2008;2:93-104.
- Lee EH, Moon SM, Cho SY, Oh YT, Chun MS, Kim SH, et al. Psychometric evaluation of a need scale for cancer patients undergoing follow-up care. J Korean Acad Nurs 2010;40:551-60.
- Lee BY, Jo HS, Kwon MS. Survey on quality of life, mental health and subjective health status of community dwelling cancer patients. J Korean Acad Pub Health Nurs 2010;24:49-60.
- Shin IS. The effects that influence the quality of life in cancer patients [dissertation]. Seoul:Kyung Hee Univ.;2005.
- Hinz A, Krauss O, Hauss JP, Hockel M, Kortman RD, Stolzenbur JU, et al. Anxiety and depression in cancer patients compared with the general population. European J Cancer Care 2010;19:522-9.
- Ziner KW, Sledge GW, Bell CJ, John S, Miller KD, Champion VL. Predicting fear of breast cancer recurrence and self-efficacy in survivors by age at diagnosis. Oncol Nurs Foerum 2012;39:287-95.
- Cho HS, Kim NH. Physical activity and fatigue in patients with cancer. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2010;10:30-7.
- Oh BJ. Correlation between mental adjustment to cancer and anxiety. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2009;9:23-30.
- Seo YM, Oh HS, Seo WS. Causal relationships among factors associated with cancer -related fatigue. European J Oncol Nurs 2010;14:380-6.
- Oh PJ, Jung JA. A meta-analysis of intervention studies on cancer-related fatigue in Korea: 1990-2010. J Korean Clin Nurs Research 2011;17:163-75.
- Han JS, Lee KS. Effects of the horticultural therapy on quality of life and depression in the institutionalized elderly. J Korean Acad Psych Ment Health Nurs 2002;11:609-20.
- Kim RB. Effect of horticultural Therapy on the quality of life of elopement women [dissertation]. Daegu:Catholic Univ.;2002.
- Song MO. Development and effects of horticultural therapy nursing intervention program for hospice patients [dissertation]. Daegu:Keimyung Univ.;2009.
- Kim HK, Lee HR, Song MO, Jung SH, Chung HJ. Effects of horticultural therapy program on serum cortisol, pain, anxiety and depression of the hospice patients. J Korean Hort Sci & Technol 2006;24:95-103.
- Choi MH. The therapeutic factors in horticultural therapy [dissertation]. Cheonan:Dankook Univ.;2010.
- Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science. 2nd ed. Hiillsdale, NJ:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates;1998.
- Spielberger CD. Anxiety: state-trait process. Inc. Stress and Anxiety. New York:John Willy and Sons Inc.;1975. p. 115-43.
- Kim JT, Shin DG. A study based on the standardization of the STAI for Korea. J Newestern Med 1978;21:69-75.
- Lee KJ, Song YS, Cho JK, Jun HK. Development of self-efficacy enhancing program to improve the quality of life for breast cancer patients. J Korean Acad Psych Ment Health Nur 2007;16:456-68.
- Lee YA, Hwang HJ, Song JE, Son KC. Effect of horticultural therapy using pressed flower based upon logotherapy on the improvement of the purpose in life and ego identity of middle-aged women. J Korean Hort Sci & Technol 2007;25:277-90.
- Kim SH. Meta-analysis for the effectiveness of researches related to horticultural therapy [dissertation]. Seoul:Konkuk Univ.;2007.
- Osborn RL, Demoncada AC, Feuerstein M. Psychosocial interventions for depression, anxiety, and quality of life in cancer survivors: meta-analyses. Int J Psychiatry Med 2006;36:13-34.
- Shin AM, Park JS. The effects of hope intervention on hope and depression of cancer patients staying at home. J Korean Acad Nurs 2007;37: 994-1002.
- Han KH, Lee SM, Suh JK. Conceptual frame of group horticultural therapy model focused on reference review. J Korean Soc People Plants Environ 2008;11:53-64.
- Song MJ, Kim MY, Sim IS, Kim WS. Evaluation of horticultual therapy on the emotional improvement of depressed patients by using heart rate variability. J Korean Hort Sci & Technol 2010;28:1066-71.
- Kim HY, Lee HR. Effect of the five senses stimulating horticultual therapy on the mental social dysfunction of schizophrenic patients. J Korean Soc People Plants Environ 2008;11:41-7.
- Unruh A, Hutchinson S. Embedded spirituality: gardening in daily life and stressful life experiences. Scandinavian J Caring Scien 2011;25:567-74.