- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Field Tests of DC 1500 V Stationary Energy Storage System
- Lee, Hanmin (Advanced EMU Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Gildong (Advanced EMU Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Changmu (Advanced EMU Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Joung, Euijin (Advanced EMU Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.08.21
- Accepted : 2012.09.07
- Published : 2013.06.30
The ESS(energy storage system, here after) for a DC 1500V was developed in 2009. A ESS was installed on the track of Daejeon HRT in 2010. The advantage of the ESS is that it can save the energy and plus stable the catenary voltage. This paper presents the energy saved by the ESS in Daedong substation. When the ESS is on/off, the field tests are performed.
- Hanmin Lee and Gildong Kim (2011). "A study on test of energy storage system for DC railway," World Congress Railway Research, pp. 1-6.
- R.J. Hill, Y. Cai, S.H. Case and M.R. Irving (1996). "Iterative techniques for the solution of complex DC-rail-traction systems including regenerative braking, Generation, Transmission, & Distribution," IET, Vol. 143, No.6, pp. 613-615.
- A. Adinolfi, R. Lamedica, C. Modesto, A. Prudenzi, and S. Vimercati (1998). "Experimental assessment of energy saving due to trains regenerative braking in an electrified subway line," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1536-1542. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.714859
- Siemens AG (2005). "SITRAS SES, Energy storage system for mass transit system,".
- Hanmin Lee (2010). "Field test of energy storage system on urban transit system," Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 11, pp.52-57.
- H.S. Lee, H.M. Lee, C.M. Lee, G. Jang, and G.D. Kim (2010). "Energy storage application strategy on DC electric railroad system using a novel railroad analysis algorithm," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.228-238. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.2.228
- Han-Min Lee, Gil-Dong Kim, Chang-Mu Lee and Seh-Chan Oh (2010). "Application of energy storage system for seoul metro line 2,3,4," International Conference on Electrical Engineering, pp. 1-4.
- H.M. Lee (2010). "A study on development of ESS installed in DC railway system," International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1-3.
- Review of Application of Energy Storage Devices in Railway Transportation vol.105, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.03.980