- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Phosphate removal efficiency and the removal rate constant by particle sizes of converter slag and conditions of the wastewater
전로슬래그의 입도 크기 및 폐수의 조건 변화에 따른 인산염 제거효율과 제거 속도상수에 관한 연구
- Lee, Sang Ho (Dept. of Environmental Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Hwang, Jeong Jae (Dept. of Environmental Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2012.09.20
- Accepted : 2012.12.05
- Published : 2012.12.15
The effluent quality of phosphorus is strengthened by the national standard to conserve water resources to lessen the eutrophication threat. The soluble phosphate in the wastewater effluent can be removed using the converter slag as solid waste produced through the steel making process. The experiments for removal efficiencies and removal constants were performed for this research with the artificial wastewater following several different conditions, particle size, phosphate concentration and initial pH. The correlation coefficients of Freundlich adsorption isothem were 0.9505 for
Supported by : 상명대학교
- Byeon, T.B., Lee, J.Y., Kim, D.Y., Lee, H.H. and Kim, H.S. (2005) Carbonation treatment technology of steel making slag, RIST, 19(1) pp.32-39.
- Cha, W., Kim, J. and Choi, H. (2006) Evaluation of steel slag for organic and inorganic removals in soil aquifer treatment, Water Research, 40, pp.1034-1042.
- Choi, S.W., Kim, B, Jang, W.S. and Kim E.Y. (2007) The present situation of production and utilization of steel slag in Korea and other countries, J. of Korea Concrete Institute, 19(6), pp.28-33.
- Denbigh, K. G., and J. C. R. Turner (1965) Chemical Reactor Theory, 2nd ed, Cambridge University Press, England.
- Gustafsson, J.P., Renman, A., Renman, G. and Poll, K. (2008) Phosphate removal by mineral-based sorbents used in filters for small-scale wastewater treatment, Water Research, 42, pp.187-197.
- Kim, Eung-Ho and Yim, Su-Bin (2008) Simultaneous handling of phosphorus removal and filtration using granular convert slag and seed crystal and filter media, J. of Korean Society of Water and Science and Technology, 16(4), pp.45-54.
- Lee, M.S., Drizo, A., Rizzo, D.M., Druschel, G., Hayden, N. and Twohig, E. (2010) Evaluating the efficiency and temporal variation of pilot-scale constructed wetlands and steel slag phosphorus removing filters for treating dairy wastewater, Water Research, 44, pp.4077-4086. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2010.05.020
- Lee, Sang Ho and Lee, In-Gu (2007) Relation between leaching characteristics of the positive ions and phosphate removal by granular converter slag for the different conditions and concentrations of phosphate, J. of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 8(2), pp.372-379.
- Ministry of Environment, Korea (2011) White Book, pp.387-452.
- Pengthamkeerati, P., Satapanajaru, T., and Chularuengoaksorn, P. (2008) Chemical modification of coal fly ash for the removal of phosphate from aqueous solution, Fuel, 87, pp.2469-2476. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2008.03.013
- Yang, J., Wang, S., Lu, Z., Yang, J. and Lou, S. (2009) Converter slag-coal cinder columns for the removal of phosphorous and other pollutants, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 168, pp.331-337. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.02.024
- Zhang, G., Liu, H., Liu, R. and Qu, J. (2009) Removal of phosphate from water by a Fe-Mn binary oxide adsorbent, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 355, pp.168-174.
- Phosphate removal by the continuous flow pilot plant with converter slag vol.28, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2014.28.4.453
- Comparison of Steel Slag and Activated Carbon for Phosphate Removal from Aqueous Solution by Adsorption vol.39, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.5.303