- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Feed concentration (S0) and F/M ratio (S0/X0) on Anaerobic Digestion of Thickened Sewage Sludge
기질 농도 (S0)와 F/M 비 (S0/X0)가 농축 하수 슬러지 혐기성 소화에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Sang-Hyoun (Department of Environmental Engineering, Daegu University) ;
- Ju, Hyun Jun (Department of Environmental Engineering, Daegu University)
- Received : 2012.11.02
- Accepted : 2012.12.05
- Published : 2012.12.15
The retrofitting of a thickening unit process is widely considered in municipal wastewater treatment plants in Korea to enhance the anaerobic digestion efficiency. The authors examined the effect of feed concentration (2-34.1 g VS/L) and feed to microorganism (F/M) ratio (0.50-1.35 g VS/g VS) on anaerobic batch digestion of sewage sludge. Methane yield over 90 mL
Supported by : 대구대학교
- Woo. M. H. (2010) A study on the sludge reduction and biogas production through a two-phase anaerobic digestion process and pretreatment of sludge, M.S. thesis, Catholic University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, Y. W. (2010) Performance characteristics of food leachate using high rate two phase anaerobic digester, M.S. thesis, Hanbat University, Daejeon, Korea.
- Ministry of Environment, Korea (2005) Diagnosis of full-scale sludge anaerobic digester.
- Owen, W. P. and Stuckey, D. C. and Healy, J. B. and Young, L. Y. and McCarty, P. L. (1979) Bioassay for monitoring biochemical methane potential and anaerobic toxicity, Water Research, 13, pp 485-492.
- Malina, J. F. and Pohland, F. G. (1992) Design of Anaerobic Processes for the Treatment of Industrial and Municipal Wastes, pp 173-182, Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, PA.
- Choi, E . S. (1998) Waste Disposal and Recycling. pp. 19-21, Cheong Moon Gak, Seoul.
- Choi, I. S. and Jung, H. S. and Han, I. S. (2009) Study on sludge reduction by sludge solubilization and change of operation conditions of sewage treatment process, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 31, pp. 1113-1122.
- Kim, S. H. and Sung, S. H. (2010) Co-digestion of waste glycerol with swine manure, Journal of Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, 18(2), pp. 71-75.
- Heo, N. H. and Park, S. C. and Lee, J. S. and Kang, H. (2003) Anaerobic Co-digestion of food waste and waste activated sludge: Effect of the mixture ratio of food waste on solubilization and biodegradability of the mixture, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 25(8), pp. 1050-1058.
- Kim, H. S. and Lee, T. J. (2011) A Study of the improvement in an anaerobic digester for sludge reduction, Journal of Korean Solid Wastes Engineering Society, 33(7), pp. 516-522. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.7.516
- Shin, H. S. and Kim, H. W. and Han, S. K. and Kang, S. T. (2002) Degradation characteristic in anaerobic co-digestion of sewage sludge and food waste, Journal of Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, 10(1), pp. 96-101.
- Guo, Y. P. and Kim, S. H. and Sung, S. H. and Lee, P. H. (2010) Effect of ultrasonic treatment of digestion sludge on bio-hydrogen production from sucrose by anaerobic fermentation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 35(8), pp. 3450-3455. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2010.01.090
- Kim, S. H. and Han, S. K. and Shin, H. S. (2004) Feasibility of biohydrogen production by anaerobic co-digestion of waste and sewage sludge. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 29(15), pp. 1607-1616. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2004.02.018
- Kim, S. H. and Nam, S. Y. (2009) Anaerobic digestion of waste activated sludge from livestock wastewater treatment, Journal of Korean Solid Wastes Engineering Society, 26(9), pp. 526-530.
- APHA, AWWA, WEF. (1998) Standard methods for the examination of Water and Wastewater 20th ed. United Book Press, Baltimore, MD.
- Fang, H. H. P. and Liu, H. (2002) Effect of pH on hydrogen production from glucose by a mixed culture, Bioresource Technology, 82(1), pp. 87-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(01)00110-9
Kim, S. H. and Han, S. K. and Youn, J. H. and Shin, H. S. (2003) Continuous Anaerobic
$H_2$Production with a Mixed Culture, Journal of Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, 11(1), pp. 70-76.
- Kim, S. H. and Shin, H. S. (2001) State-of-the-art of organic waste recycling by anaerobic digestion, Journal of Korean Solid Wastes Engineering Society, 18(8), pp. 14-21.
- Han, S. K. and Shin, H. S. and Kim, S. H. and Kim, H. W. (2002) Effect of waste components on performance of acidogenic fermenter, Journal of Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, 10(2). pp. 65-70.