- Volume 26 Issue 1
Screening of Dietary Fiber Degradation Enzyme for Making Sweet Potato Soju by Vacuum Distillation
감압증류법의 고구마소주 제조를 위한 식이섬유 분해효소의 선별
- Takamine, Kazunori (Education and Research Center for Fermentation Studies, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University) ;
- Jeon, Byung-Hun (Department of Pathology, College of Oriental Medicine & Research Center of Traditional Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Won-Sin (Division of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Institute of Biotechnology, Wonkwang University)
- 타카미네 카즈노리 (가고시마대학 농학부 소주.발효학 교육연구센터) ;
- 전병훈 (원광대학교 한의과대학 병리학교실 & 한국 전통의학연구소) ;
- 김원신 (원광대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학부 & 유전공학연구소)
- Received : 2012.02.13
- Accepted : 2011.02.15
- Published : 2012.02.25
Sweet potato soju(SPS) has been made by vacuum distillation because sweet potato contains much fibrous materials which give high density to sweet potato mash. Generally, the SPS made by vacuum distillation has soft flavors and tastes. If the viscosity of sweet potato mash could be decreased by degradation enzyme, the process and production of SPS making by the method of vacuum distillation may be simplified and easier to distil the fermented sweet potato. Because the fibrous materials of sweet potato contains pectin with methoxyl group, methanol can be produced by fibrous degradation enzyme. For appling the fiber degradation enzymes to sweet potato mash for making SPS, the enzyme should be needed to degrade fibrous material without producing methanol. Special two fibrolytic enzymes are selected from 26 kind of commercial enzymes for the simplified and easier production of sweet potato soju by vacuum distillation, The selected enzyme A and X can degrade the fibrous material pectin of sweet potato without producing methanol. Although the different companies have produced the enzymes, same cellulase has been prepared from Trichoderma. reesei. The viscosity of sweet potato mash treated by the enzymes is decreased by 3 times with comparison to the viscosity of sweet potato mash of control group. The methanol concentration in the vacuum distilled SPS treated with the enzymes is 0.16%. The concentration is similar to that of commercially distilled SPS(0.15%). The result may suggest that the selected cellulases, A and X, can be used to make SPS by vacuum distillation.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Takamine, K., Kamesawa, H., Shimono, K., Maseda, S. Study on properties of extrusion-cooked sweet potato and making shochu using extruded sweet potato. Kagoshima prefectural Institute of Industrial Technology report 15: 5-9, 2001.
- 中村希世, 杮元智, 森村茂, 木田建次, 真野直也. 日本生物工学会 九州支部大会 講演要旨集 p 10, 1998.
- Takamine, K., Ando, Y., Kamesawa, H., Shimono, K., Maseda, S. Study on making sweet potato shochu using dietary fiber degradation enzyme. Kagoshima prefectural Institute of Industrial Technology report 15: 11-15, 2001.
- 食物繊維-基礎と応用-（第３版）日本食物繊維學會編集委員會, pp 25-27, 1995.
- Klavons, J.A., Bennett, R.D. Determination of methanol using alcohol oxidase and its application to methyl ester content of pectins. J. Agric. Food Chem. 34: 597-599, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00070a004
- Dubois, M., Gilles, K. A., Hamilton J. K., Rebers P. A., Smith F., Colorimetric method for the determination of sugars and related substances. Anal. Chem., 28: 350-356, 1956. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60111a017
- 第4回改正 國稅廳所定分析法注解, 財團法人 日本釀造協會, 2006.
- Somogyi, M.J. Biol. Chem., 195: 19-23, 1952.
- Nelson, N. A photometric adaptation of the somogyi method for the determination of glucose. J. Biol. Chem., 153: 375-380, 1944.