- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis of Gangwon Provincial Forest Sector in Response to Climate Change
기후변화 대비 강원 지역 산림부문 현황 분석 및 취약성 평가
- Chae, Hee-Mun (Climate Change Research Institute of Korea) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Ju (Climate Change Research Institute of Korea) ;
- Um, Gi-Jeung (Climate Change Research Institute of Korea)
- Received : 2012.05.11
- Accepted : 2012.05.21
- Published : 2012.05.31
In an effort to analyze the impact of climate change, Gangwon provincial forest was divided into three sectors; forest ecology, forest disaster, and forest productivity and analysis of their current status from 2000 to 2009 and vulnerability assessment by climate change has been carried in this study. In case of vulnerability assessment, except for the forest ecology, forest disaster (forest fires and forest pests) and forest productivity sectors were analyzed in current status, the year of 2020, and 2050. It turned out that vulnerability of forest fires in the field of disaster would become worse and forest pests also would make more impact even though there is some variation in different areas. In case of the vulnerability of forest productivity there would be not a big difference in the future compared with current vulnerability. Systematic research on the sensitivity index used for vulnerability assessment is necessary since vulnerability assessment result greatly depends on the use of climate exposure index and adaptive capacity index.
- Aynslie E. Ogden, Johe L. Inners. 2007. Application of Structured Decision Making to an Assessment of Climate Change Vulnerabilites and Adaptation Options for Sustainable Forest Management. Ecology and Society 14.
- Gangwon DB. 2012. www.provin.gangwon.kr. Accessed 20 Apr 2012.
- Ibarra P, Alloza JA, Perez-Cabello F, De la Riva J, Baeza MJ, Duguy B, cheverria MT, Liovet J, Rovia P, Vallejo VR. 2007. Ecologocal Vulnerability to Forest Fires: an Evaluation Model. Sevilla-Esparia Wildfire.
- IPCC. 2001. Climate Change 2001. Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panal on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press.
- IPCC. 2007. Climate change 2007. Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panal on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press.
- John R. Parkins, Norah A. MacKendrick. 2007. Assession Community Vulnreability; A Study of the Mountain Beetle Outbreak in British Columbia, Canada. Global Environmental Change 17: 460-471. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2007.01.003
- Ko JK. 2009. Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment of Gyeonggi Province. Gyeonggi Research Institute.
- Korea Forest Service. 2010. Statistical Yearbook of Forestry.
- Korea Meteorological Administration. 2010. http://www.kma.go. kr/weather/observation/past_cal.jsp. Accessed 20 Dec 2011.
- Linda Lundmark, Bruno Jansson, Albina Pashkevich. 2005. Report on Forestry Sector Vulnerability and Baseline Scenarios. Balance Annex II-Second Periodic Report.
- Marcus Lindner, Jordi Garcia-Gonzalo, Marjaom, Tim Green, Ricardo Reguera, Michael Maroschek, Rupert Seidl, Manfred J. Lexer, Sigrid Netherer, Axel Schopf, Antoine Kremer, Sylvain Delzon, Anna Barbati, Marco Marchetti and Piermaria Corona. 2007. Impacts of Climate Change on European Forest and Options for Adaptation. Report to the European Commission Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development. AGRI-2007-G4-06. 173p.
- Mark Johnston, Tim Williamson. 2007. A Framework for Assessing Climate Change Vulnerability of the Canadian Forest Sector. The Forest Chronicle 83.
- Moss RH, Brenkert EL, Malone AL. 2001. Vulnerability to Climate Change a Quantitative Approach. Prepared for the US Department of Energy.
- Preston BL, Brooke C, Measham TG, Smith TF, Gorddard R. 2008. Igniting Change in Local Government: Lessons Learned from a Bushfire Vulnerability Assessment. Mitig Adapt Strateg Glob Change. Mitig Adapt Strateg Glob Change.
- Preston BL, Brooke C, Measham TG, Smith TF, Gorddard R. 2009. Igniting Change in Local Government: Lessons Learned from a Bushfire Vulnerability Assessment. Mitigation and Adaption Strategies for Global Change 14: 251-283. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11027-008-9163-4
- Sebastien Drouineau, Olivier Laroussunie, Yves birot, Daniel Terrasson, Thomas Formery, Bernard Roman-Amat. 2000. Joint Evaluation of Staorms, Forest Vulnerability and their Restoration. European forest institute. 9.
- Yoo GY, Han HJ, Lee SY, Choi YR, Jin JH, Kim IA. 2008. Establishment of Adaptation Plan and Development of Guideline Based on Vulnerability Status Due to the Climate Change in Local Governments. National Institute of Environmental Research.
- Yoo GY, Kim IA. 2008. Development and Application of a Climate Change Vulnerability Index. Korea Environment Institute.