- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of GIS-based Method for Estimating and Representing Stream Slopes Along the River Network
GIS 기반 하천경사 산정 및 하천망에 따른 표출 방식 개발
- You, Ho-Jun (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Su (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2012.03.27
- Accepted : 2012.06.11
- Published : 2012.06.30
Recently, a variety of GIS-based tools enabling to generate topographic parameters for hydrologic and hydraulic researches have been developed. However, most of GIS-based tools are usually insufficient to estimate and visualize river channel slopes especially along the river network, which can be possibly utilized for many hydraulic equations such as Manning's formula. Many existing GIS-based tools have simply averaged cell-based slopes for the other advanced level of hydrologic units as likely as the mean watershed slope, thus that the river channel slope from the simple approach resulted in the inaccurate channel slope particularly for the mountain region where the slope varies significantly along the downstream direction. The paper aims to provide several more advanced GIS-based methodologies to assess the river channel slopes along the given river network. The developed algorithms were integrated with a newly developed tool named RiverSlope, which adapted theoretical formulas of river hydraulics to calculate channel slopes. For the study area, Han stream in the Jeju island was selected, where the channel slopes have a tendency to rapidly change the upstream near the Halla mountain and sustain the mild slope adjacent to watershed outlet heading for the ocean. The paper compared the simple slope method from the Arc Hydro, with other more complicated methods. The results are discussed to decide better approaches based on the given conditions.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- 김경탁, 최윤석, 이효정, 2010, GIS를 이용한 수문학적 지형인자 산정에 대한 비교검토, 한국수자원학회지, 43(1), 25-39.
- 안은자, 2003, 공간 통계 분석을 이용한 DEM 오차 패턴 연구, 석사학위논문, 경희대학교.
- 양성기, 2007, 제주도의 하천관리와 개선방안, 하천과 문화, 한국하천협회, 3(4), 104-115.
- 양성기, 김동수, 2011, 다양한 첨단 유량 계측기기를 활용한 제주도 하천 유출 비교 분석, 한국환경과학회지, 20(6), 783-788.
- 이임근, 안경수, 2007, GIS를 이용한 유역매개변수의 추정 및 유출량 산정, 한국수자원학회지, 40(1), 11-24.
- 정우열, 양성기, 2009, SWAT 모형을 이용한 제주도 하천의 유출량 모의, 한국환경과학회지, 18(9), 1045-1055.
- 한건연, 이수현, 이창희, 2003, GIS자료를 이용한 수문모델링에서의 적정 해상도 도출, 한국수자원학회 학술발표회 논문집(공주대학교), 포스터.
- 한웅규, 양성기, 2009, SWAT 모형에 의한 제주도 외도 유역의 토지이용변화에 따른 유출량 산정, 한국환경과학회지, 18(9), 1057-1063.
- Jenson, S. K., Domingue, J. O., 1988, Extracting topgraphic structure from digital information system analysis, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 54(11), 1593-1600.
- Tribe, A., 1992, Automated Recognition of Valley lines and Drainage Networks from Grid Digital Elevation Models : a review and a new method, Journal of Hydrology, 139, 263-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(92)90206-B