- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Research on the Physical Characteristics of the Elder People and Park Design
- Zhang, Yun-Ji (Department College of Horticulture, Shandong Agricultural University) ;
- Piao, Yong-Ji (Department College of Horticulture, Shandong Agricultural University) ;
- Cho, Tae-Dong (Department of Environmental Landscape Architecture, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2012.02.02
- Accepted : 2012.05.15
- Published : 2012.06.30
This article reveals the relationship between the body characteristics of the elder people and the size of park facilities during utilization of parks by scientific investigation. The experiment involves 540 elder people, and offer concrete evidence for park design in ageing society. These evidences mainly consists of the following aspects: First, the relation between physical situation of elder people and their using parks. Secondly, the relation between the hearing status and exchange circle diameter in elders. The last is the relation between the distance visual acuity and designing the scene. Finally we get the most suitable step length range, stairs height, road slope, communication space diameter and general formulas about the best vision distance for elder people.
Elder people;Physical characteristics;Parks design
- Cooperation Study Group of China and America Education of Medical, 1988, Survey Analysis on Listening Disabilities in elders of China and America, Chinese Mental Health, 1988.
- Han, B. Y., 1999, Design of Park for Elderly, Guangdong Landscape Architecture, 20-22.
- Han, B. Y., 2000, Design of Park for Elderly, Chinese Landscape Architecture, 16(2).
- Kermis, M. D., 1984, the Psychology of Human Aging, Theory, Research, and Practice, Boston, Allyn and Bacon, Inc, 159-185.
- Meng, Z. Z., 1996, Landscape Engineering, China Forestry Publishing House, The initial printing, 185-189.
- Piao, Y. J., 2005, Comparison on Elderly Utilization in parks in China Japan and American, Chinese Landscape Architecture, 2005(8), 27-30.
- Xu, S. L., 1988, The Changes and repartee in The Vision, Hearing and Psychomotor Performance Reaction in Elders, Chinese Mental Health, 2(3), 136-140.
- Zhang, W. T., 1987, Vision of Elders, Beijing Scientific Publishing House, 44-67.
- Zhang, Y. J., 2008, Research on the Individual Attributes of Elder People in Utilization of Parks, Modern Landscape Architecture, 5, 22-26.