- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study of Rice Husk Pulping for utilization of Rice Husk Fiber
왕겨섬유 활용을 위한 왕겨 펄프화 연구
- Oh, Min-Taek (Dept. of Biobased Materials, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam Natl. Univ.) ;
- Sun, Yong-Joo (Dept. of Biobased Materials, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam Natl. Univ.)
- Received : 2012.06.01
- Accepted : 2012.06.18
- Published : 2012.06.30
The rice husk is one of the major agricultural residue in KOREA. In this paper, the effects of various pulping conditions on the properties of rice husk pulp and handsheets made of rice husk fiber were evaluated in order to utilize the rice husk as an alternative source for wood pulp. Two typical alkali pulping, such as soda pulping and Kraft pulping were applied with various conditions of the pulping processes. The higher effective alkali and higher pulping temperature resulted in the higher efficiency in removal of lignin and ash, which leaded to the higher strength properties of handsheets made of rice husk fiber, but the lower yield of rice husk pulp. The better efficiency in production of rice husk pulp and the stronger handsheets were obtained by the Kraft pulping.
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- Rousua, P., Rousub, P., Anttilab, J., Sustainable pulp production from agricultural waste, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 35(1): 85-103 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-3449(01)00124-0
- Reddy, N., Yang, Y., Biofibers from agricultural byproducts for industrial applications, Trends in Biotechnology 23(1): 22-27(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibtech.2004.11.002
- Lee, J-Y., Lee, E-K., Sung, Y.J., Kim,C-H., Choi, J-S., Kim, B-H., Lim, G-B., i Kim, D-M., Application of new powdered additives to paperboard using peanut husk and garlic stem, J. Korea TAPPI 43(4): 1-81 (2011).
- Banerjeea, S., Senb, R., Pandeya,R.A., Chakrabartia, T., Satputea, D., Giri, B.S., Mudlia, S., Evaluation of wet air oxidation as a pretreatment strategy for bioethanol production from ricehusk and process optimization, Biomass and Bioenergy 33(12): 1680-1686 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2009.09.001
- Saha, B.C., Iten, L.B., Cotta, M.A., Wu, Y.V., Dilute Acid Pretreatment, Enzymatic Saccharification, and Fermentation of Rice Hulls to Ethanol, Biotechnology Progress, 21(3): 816-822 (2005).
- Wei, G.Y., Gao, W., Jin, I.H., Yoo, S-Y., Lee, J.H., Chung, C-H., Lee, J-W., Pretreatment and saccharification of rice hulls for the production of fermentable sugars, Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 14(6): 828-834 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12257-009-0029-8
- Kim, Y.J., Kang, Y.K., Ryou, Y.S., Kang, G.C., Paek, Y., Gasification characteristics of rice husks in batch operation, J. of Biosystems Eng. 33(4): 248-252 (2008). https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2008.33.4.248
- Ahn, B-K., Park, N-H., Changes in the characteristics of the molded rice hull rice straw packaging material manufactured by different mixing ratios, J. of Korea TAPPI, 27(2): 55-62 (1995).
- Lee, H-H., Han K-S., Study on the optimum pre-treatment condition for manufacture of rice hull board, Mokchae Konghak 28(3): 9-13 (2000).
- Lee, B-H., Kim, H-S., Choi, S-W., and Kim, H-J., Improvement of interfacial adhesion for surface treated rice husk flour-filled polypropylene bio-composites, Mokchae Konghak 34(3): 38-45 (2006).
- Sung, Y.J., Shin, S.J., Oh M-T., Chemical Composition of Rice Hull and Morphological Properties of Rice Hull Fibers, J. of Korea TAPPI 41(3): 22-28 (2009).
- Park, S.J., Kim, M.H., and Shin, H.M., Chemical compositions and thermal characteristics of rice husk and rice husk ash in Korea, J. of Biosystems Eng. 30(4): 235-241 (2005). https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2005.30.4.235
- Park, B-D., Wi, S.G., Lee, K.H., Singh, A.P., Yoon, T-H., and Kim, Y.S., Characterization of anatomical features and silica distribution in rice husk using microscopic and micro-analytical techniques, Biomass and Bioenergy, 25 : 319-327 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0961-9534(03)00014-X