- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on an On-line Measurement System of Corrosion Rate by Linear Polarization Resistance
분극저항에 의한 온라인 부식속도 측정 시스템에 관한 연구
- Moon, Jeon Soo (Technology Commercialization Office, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae Kun (Technology Commercialization Office, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae Bong (Technology Commercialization Office, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Park, Pyl Yang (Technology Commercialization Office, Korea Electric Power Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.06.26
- Accepted : 2012.08.20
- Published : 2012.08.31
The linear polarization resistance method is one of the widely used techniques for the corrosion rate monitoring in the water circulating systems of plants. The measurement is simple and rapid, so that a continuous on-line monitoring is possible without any shutdown of plants. A 2-electrode polarization corrosion rate measurement system was installed in a laboratory using a data acquisition board and PC. The signal processing parameters were optimized for the accurate corrosion rate measurement, and the polarization resistance was compensated with the solution resistance measured by the high frequency sine wave signal of an output channel. The precision of corrosion rate data was greatly improved by removing the initial noise signals on measuring the polarization resistance.
- Reference Manual for On-line Monitoring of Water Chemistry And Corrosion, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA April 1999, TR-112024.
- D. A. Jones, Principals and Prevention of Corrosion, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, p. 153 (1992).
- E. I. Simmons, Corrosion, 11, 255t (1955).
- R. V. Skold and T. E. Larsen, Corrosion, 13, 139t (1957).
- M. Stearn, Corrosion, 13, 755 (1957).
- M. Stearn and A. I. Geary, J. Electrochem Soc., 104, 546 (1957).
- N. G. Thompson, J. H. Payer, DC Electrochemical Test Methods, NACE International, p. 64 (1998).
- D. A. Jones, Principals and Prevention of Corrosion, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, p. 157 (1992).
- D. A. Eden, B. Breene, Corrosion /2003, Paper 361, NACE (2003).
- K. Hladky and J. L. Dawson, Corros. Sci., 21, 317 (1981). https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-938X(81)90006-8
- The Corrosion Inhibition Characteristics of Sodium Nitrite Using an On-line Corrosion Rate Measurement System vol.14, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14773/cst.2015.14.2.85