- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Software Framework for Verifying Sensor Network Operations and Sensing Algorithms
센서네트워크 동작 및 센싱 알고리즘 검증을 위한 소프트웨어 프레임워크
- 유성은 (대구대학교 정보통신공학부)
- Received : 2012.01.20
- Accepted : 2012.02.06
- Published : 2012.02.29
Most of sensor networks are difficult to be debugged, verified, and upgraded once they are deployed in the fields, for they are usually deployed in real world and large scale. Therefore, before deploying the sensor networks, we should test and verify them sufficiently in realistic testbeds. However, since we need to control physical environments which interact with sensor networks, it takes much of time and cost to test and verify sensor networks at the level of resource-constrained sensor nodes in such environments. This paper proposes an efficient software framework for evaluating and verifying sensor networks in the view points of network and application operations (i.e., accuracy of sensing algorithms). Applying the proposed software framework to the development of a simulator for a smart parking application based on wireless sensor network, this paper verifies the feasibility of the proposed framework.
Debugging;Verification;Wireless Sensor Networks;WSN;Sensing Algorithm
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. Yoo, J. Kim, T. Kim, S. Abn, J. Sung, and D. Kim "A2S: Automated Agriculture System Based on WSN," In Proc. of the 11th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronies (ISCE2007), Dallas, TX, USA, June 20-23, 2007.
- J. Sung, et. al, "Wireless Sensor Network for Cultural Property Protection", In Proc. of the 1st IEEE International Workshop on Applications of Ad hoc and Sensor Networks (AASNET2008, in conjunction with AINA2008), Okinawa, Japan, March 25-28, 2008.
- S. Yoo, P. Chong, D. Kim, "S3: School zone Safety System Based on Wireless Sensor Network", Sensors, vol.9, no. 8, pp.5968-5988, 2009 https://doi.org/10.3390/s90805968
- A.N.Kanian, "A Wieless Sensor Network for Smart Roadbeds and Intelligent Transportation Systems," Master Thesis, MIT: Cambridge, MA, USA, 2000.
- J. Ding, S. Yiu, C. Tang, and P. Varaiya, "Signal Processing of Sensor Node Data for Vehicle Detection," In Proc. of the 7th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Washington DC, USA, October 3-6, 2004.
- Y.S. Cheung, S. Coleri, P. Varaiya, "Traffic Surveillance with Wireless Magnetic Sensors," In Proc. of the 12th ITS World Congress, San Francisco, CA, USA, Nov. 2005.
- S. Coleri, P. Varaiya, "PEDAMACS: Power Efficient and Delay Aware Medium Access Protocol for Sensor Networks," IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput. vol.5, 910-930, 2006.
- S. Yoo. P.K. Chong, T. Park, Y. Kim, D. Kim, C. Shin, K. Sung, and H. Kim, "DGS: Driving Guidance System Based on Wireless Sensor Network," in Proc. of the 1st IEEE International Workshop on Applications of Ad hoc and Sensor Networks (AASNET2008, in conjunction with AINA2008), Okinawa, Japan, March 25-28, 2008.
- S. Yoo, P.K. Chong, T. Kim, J. Kang, D. Kim, C. Shin, K. Sung, and B. Jang, "PGS: Parking Guidance System Based on Wireless Sensor Network," In Proc. of the 3rd International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing(ISWPC 2008), Santorini, Greece, May 2008.
- 권차욱, 차경애, "센위버 플랫폼 기반의 다중센서 협업을 이용한 모니터링 시스템 개발", 한국산업정보학회 논문지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.91-98, 2010.
- 박홍진, "유비쿼터스 센서 네트워크를 이용한 독거노인 지킴이 시스템 구현", 한국산업정보학회논문지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.41-48, 2010.
- S. Yoo, P. K. Chong, D. Kim, Y. Doh, M.-L. Pham, E. Choi, J. Huh, "Guaranteeing Real-Time Services for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks With IEEE 802.15.4," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol.57, no.11, pp.3868-3875, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2040630
- 시종익, "RFID/USN 시범 및 확산사업 추진 현황", RFID/USN 표준기술 및 서비스 워크숍, 한국정보통신기술협회, 2007
- 안기찬, "정부의 RFID/USN 확산사업 추진 현황 및 계획", ICT Forum Korea 2011, 2011
- Imran, M., A. M. Said, et al., "A survey of simulators, emulators and testbeds for wireless sensor networks," Information Technology(ITSim), International Symposium in., 2010
- Kiess, W. and M. Mauve, "A survey on real-world implementations of mobile ad-hoc networks," Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 5, issue 3, pp.324-339, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2005.12.003
- Krop, T., M. Bredel, et al., "JiST/MobNet: combined simulation, emulation, and real-world testbed for ad hoc networks," Proceedings of the second ACM international workshop on Wireless network testbeds, experimental evaluation and characterization. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, pp.27-34, 2007.
- J. Pan and R. Jain, "A Survey of Network Simulation Tools: Current Status and Future Developments," http://cas.wustl.edu/-jain/cae567-08/ftp/simtools/index.html.
- F. Bellifemine, et al., "SPINE: a domain-specific frarnework for rapid prototyping of WBSN applications," Software: Practice and Experience, vol. 41, issue 3, pp. 237-265, John Wiley & Sone, 2011 https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.998
- 유재준, 김도현, 박종현, "차량 검지를 위한 자기 신호의 가시화 및 자기 신호 처리의 시뮬레이션", 대한임베디드공학회 추계학술대회, pp. 453-455, 2011
- The approach for supporting synchronous Ethernet in 10G EPON vol.18, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2013.18.6.039
- Performance Comparison of BCS-SPL Techniques Against a Variety of Restoring Block Sizes vol.21, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2016.21.3.021
- On-line coordination control of OLTC and Switched Shunt for enhancement of stability using local data in substation vol.17, pp.7, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2012.17.7.119