- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Preclinical and Clinical Effects of Herbal Product Containing Rosa mutiflora Roots Extracts as a Main Component on the Hair Growth Promotion
찔레뿌리 추출물을 주성분으로 하는 천연물 조성물의 발모촉진 효과에 관한 전임상 및 임상시험 연구
- Kim, Joong-Hark (Department of Biotechnology, Kangwon National University) ;
- Hong, Sung-Kil (Erom R&D Center, Erom Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hwang, Sung-Jue (Erom R&D Center, Erom Co., Ltd.) ;
- Son, Sang-Wook (Department of Dermatology, Korea University Ansan Hospital) ;
- Choi, Yong-Soon (Department of Biotechnology, Kangwon National University)
- 김중학 (강원대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 홍성길 ((주)이롬 생명과학연구원) ;
- 황성주 ((주)이롬 생명과학연구원) ;
- 손상욱 (고려대학교 안산병원 피부과학교실) ;
- 최용순 (강원대학교 생명공학과)
- Received : 2012.01.27
- Accepted : 2012.04.02
- Published : 2012.04.30
In this study, to develop hair growth agents using natural products which has excellent ability to promote hair growth effect and fewer side effect, animal experiment and clinical trials was performed to evaluate hair growth promotion effect of herbal product containing
- Akar A, Arca E, Erbil H, Akay C, Sayal A and Gur AR. (2002). Antioxidant enzymes and lipid peroxidation in the scalp of patients with alopecia areata. Journal of Dermatological Science. 29:85-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0923-1811(02)00015-4
- Cash TF, Price VH and Savin RC. (1993). Psychological effects of androgenetic alopecia on women: comparisons with balding men and with female control subjects. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 29(4):568-575. https://doi.org/10.1016/0190-9622(93)70223-G
- Cash TF. (2001). The psychology of hair loss and its implications for patient care. Clinics in Dermatology. 19:161-166.
- Cho EA, Cho Eh, Choi SJ, Park KH, Kim SY, Jeong YJ, Ku CS, Ha BJ, Jang DI and Chae HJ. (2011). Screening of antiwrinkle resource from herbal medicinal extracts and stability test of its cosmetic products. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 19:126-135. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.2.126
- Choi YS, Rhee HI, Yong KJ, Ham SS and Lee SY. (1993). Cholesterol-lowering effects of extracts of Rosa multiflora roots in chickens. Korean Journal of Lipidology. 3:215-220.
- Chow LW, Wang SJ and Duh PD. (1997). Antibacterial activity of burdock. Food Science. 24:195-202.
- Duh PD. (1998). Antioxidant activity of burdock(Acrtium lappa Linne): It's scavenging effect on free-radical and activity oxygen. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society. 75:455-461. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-998-0248-8
- Hagemann T, Schlütter-Böhmer B, Allam JP, Bieber T and Novak N. (2005). Positive lymphocyte transformation test in a patient with allergic contact dermatitis of the scalp after shortterm use of topical minoxidil solution. Contact Dermatitis. 53:53-55. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0105-1873.2005.00456b.x
- Han JT. (2006). Development of functional material using the root of Rosa multiflora. Food Industry and Nutrition. 11:59-65.
- Hong JT, Lee SR, Kim HH, Jo YK, Baek IJ, Yon JM, Nahm SS Kwack DH, Lee JE and Lee BJ. (2006). Hair growth promotion effect of a bio-active shampoo, Bonogen in C57BL/6 mice. Journal of Toxicology and Public Health. 22:221-228.
- Hong SS. (2009). Hair biology and effluvium. Bulletin of Food Technology. 22:651-663.
- Joo SS. (2011). In vitro and in vivo hair growth promotion effects of Lactobacillus platarum-fermented plant extracts (MBN). Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 43:381-386. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.3.381
- Kang KA, Chae S, Koh Ys, Kim JS, Lee JH, You HJ and Hyun JW. (2005). Protective effect of Puerariae Radix on oxidative stress induced by hydrogen peroxide and streptozotocin. Biological Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 28(7):1154-1160. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.28.1154
- Kim HB, Kang KH, Hwang WD, Lyu SA and Lee SY. (2009). The effects of Puerariae Radix on allergic inflammation. The Journal of Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 23:217-231.
- Kim JS, Jeong MH, Choi WY, Seo YC, Ma CJ, Ahn JH, Kim NS, Hwang BH, Cho JS and Lee HY. (2011). Enhancement of whitening effects of Lithospermum erythrorhizon extracts by ultra high pressure. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 19:97-102. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.2.097
- Kim YJ, Chung HC, Chung HT, Choi KY, Yun YG and Jang SI. (2004). Hair growth promoting effect of Thuja orientalis ethanol extracts on hair loss-induced DBA1J mice. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 18:1471-1475.
- Koca R, Armutcu F, Altinyazar H and Gurel A. (2005). Evaluation of lipid peroxidation, oxidant/antioxidant status and serum nitric oxide levels in alopecia areata. Medical Science Monitor. 11:296-299.
- Lee HJ and Choi MS. (1999). Measurement of inhibitory activities on 3-hydroxy-3methylglutaryl by various plant extracts in vitro. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition. 28:958-962.
- Lee MK, Cho SY, Jang JY, Cho MS, Jeon SM, Jang MK, Kim MJ and Park YB. (2001). Effect of Puerariae Flos and Puerariae Radix extracts on antioxidant enzymes in ethanolteated rats. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 29: 343-354. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X01000368
- Lee SE, Lee JH, Kim JK, Kim GS, Kim YO, Soe JS, Choi JH, Lee ES, Hoh HJ and Kim SY. (2011). Anti-inflammatory activity of medicinal plant extracts. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 19(4):217-226. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.4.217
- Lim AB, Wong JW and Yuen KH. (2010). Effect of tocotrienol supplementation on hair growth in human volunteers. Tropical Life Sciences Research. 21:91-99.
- McClellan KJ and Markhan A. (1999). Finasteride: A review of its use in male pattern hair loss. Drugs. 57:111-126. https://doi.org/10.2165/00003495-199957010-00014
- Naziroglu M and Kokcam I. (2000). Antioxidants and lipid peroxidation status in the blood of patients with alopecia. Cell Biochemistry and Function. 18:169-173. https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-0844(200009)18:3<169::AID-CBF870>3.0.CO;2-T
- Olsen EA, Messenger AG, Shapiro J, Bergfeld WF, Hordinsky MK, Robert JL, Stough D, Washenik K and Whiting DA. (2005). Evaluation and treatment of male and female pattern hair loss. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 52:301-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2004.04.008
- Otomo S. (2002). Hair growth effect of minoxidil. Folia Pharmacologica Japonica. 119:167-74. https://doi.org/10.1254/fpj.119.167
- Park GH, Lee JY, Kim DH, Cho YJ and An BJ. (2011). Antioxidant and antiinflammatory effects of Rosa mutiflora Root. Journal of Life Science. 21:1120-1126. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2011.21.8.1120
- Park KH, Choi SE, Choi YW, Lee do I, Joo SS, Jeong MS, Bang H, Lee CS, Lee MK, Seo SJ and Lee MW. (2011). Topical application of two condensed tannins from the root of Rosa multiflora Thunberg for the treatment of atopic dermatitis (AD) in NC/Nga mice. Phytotherapy Research. 25:1564-1569. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.3578
- Piao YJ, Kim YD, Seo EY, Song KY, Suhr KB, Lee JH and Park JK. (2002). Expression of the proteins associated with epidermal differentiation during human hair growth cycle. Korean Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 9:21-28.
- Price VH. (1999). Treatment of hair loss. The New England Journal of Medicine. 341:964-973. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199909233411307
- Ro BI. (1999). Alopecia and treatment. Journal of the Korean Medical Association. 42:681-688. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.19220.127.116.111
- Rushton DH, Norris MJ, Dover R and Busuttil N. (2002). Causes of hair loss and the developments in hair rejuvenation. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 24:17-23. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0412-5463.2001.00110.x
- Selmanowilz V, Vitor S, Warburton D and Orentreich N. (1974). Fingerprint arches in alopecia areata. Archives of Dermatology. 110:570-571. https://doi.org/10.1001/archderm.1974.01630100030007
- Seo JS, LeeTH, Lee SM, Lee SE, Seong NS and Kim JY. (2009). Inhibitory effects of methanolic extracts of medicinal plants on nitric oxide production in activated macrophage RAW 264.7 cells. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 17:173-178.
- Trueb RM. (2006). Pharmacologic interventions in aging hair. Journal of Clinical Interventions in Aging. 1:121-9. https://doi.org/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.2.121
- Trüeb RM. (2009). Oxidative stress in ageing of hair. International Journal of Trichology. 1:6-14. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-7753.51923
- Yoon BY and Park HS. (2010). A study on the factors related scalp care service utilization of women. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology. 16:1-14.
- Platycarya strobilacea S. et Z. Extract Has a High Antioxidant Capacity and Exhibits Hair Growth-promoting Effects in Male C57BL/6 Mice vol.19, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/pnf.2014.19.3.136
- Effects of Rosa multiflora and Rosa multiflora Complex on Lipid Content in Rats Fed a High-Fat·High-Cholesterol Diet vol.44, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.6.791
- Anti-oxidant Efficacy and Effects on Expression of Growth Factors in Human Hair Follicle Dermal Papilla Cells of Rosa multiflora Root Extracts vol.15, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.20402/ajbc.2016.0109