- Volume 36 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Fast Simulation of Output Voltage for High-Shock Piezoresistive Microaccelerometer Using Mode Superposition Method and Least Square Method
모드중첩법 및 최소자승법을 통한 고충격 압저항 미소가속도계의 출력전압 해석
- Han, Jeong-Sam (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Andong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kwon, Ki-Beom (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Andong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.01.27
- Accepted : 2012.04.26
- Published : 2012.07.01
The transient analysis for the output voltage of a piezoresistive microaccelerometer takes a relatively high computation time because at least two iterations are required to calculate the piezoresistive-structural coupled response at each time step. In this study, the high computational cost for calculating the transient output voltage is considerably reduced by an approach integrating the mode superposition method and the least square method. In the approach, data on static displacement and output voltage calculated by piezoresistive-structural coupled simulation for three acceleration inputs are used to develop a quadratic regression model, relating the output voltage to the displacement at a certain observation point. The transient output voltage is then approximated by a regression model using the displacement response cheaply calculated by the mode superposition method. A high-impact microaccelerometer subject to several types of acceleration inputs such as 100,000 G shock, sine, step, and square pulses are adopted as a numerical example to represent the efficiency and accuracy of the suggested approach.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Roylance L. M. and Angell, J. B., 1979, "A batch-Fabricated Silicon Accelerometer," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol. ED-26, No. 12. pp. 1911-1917.
- Rodulf F., 1983, "Micromechanical Capacitive Accelerometer with a Two-Point Inertial-Mass Suspension," Sensors and Actuators, Vol. 4, pp. 191-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/0250-6874(83)85024-0
- Kuehnel W. and Sherman S., 1994, "Surface Micromachined Silicon Accelerometer with On-Chip Detection Circuitry," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 45, pp. 7-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(94)00815-9
- Amarasinghe, R., Dao, D. V., Toriyama, T. and Sugiyama, S., 2007, "Development of Miniaturized 6-Axis Accelerometer Utilizing Piezoresistive Sensing Elements," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 134, pp. 310-320. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2006.05.044
- Van Kampen, R. P. and Wolffenbuttel, R. F., 1998, "Modeling the Mechanical Behavior of Bulk-Micromachined Silicon Accelerometers," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 64, pp. 137-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(98)80007-1
- Wang, Q. M., Yang, Z., Li, F. and Smolinski, P., 2004, "Analysis of Thin Film Piezoelectric Microaccelerometer Using Analytical and Finite Element Modeling," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 113, pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2004.02.041
- Fan, F., Che, L., Xiong, B. and Wang, Y., 2007, "A Silicon Micromachined High-Shock Accelerometer with a Bonded Hinge Structure," J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 17, pp. 1206-1210. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/17/6/015
- Y. Ning, Y. Loke, and G. McKinnon, 1995, "Fabrication and Characterization of High G-Force, Silicon Piezoresistive Accelerometers," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 48, pp. 55-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(95)00981-7
- Wang, Z., Zong, D., Lu, D., Xiong, B., Li, X. and Wang, Y., 2003, "A Silicon Micromachined Shock Accelerometer with Twin-Mass-Plate Structure," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 107, pp. 50-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(03)00270-X
- Han, J. S., Kwon, S. J., Ko, J. S., Han, K. H., Park, H. H. and Lee, J. W., 2011, "Piezoresistive-Structural Coupled-Field Analysis and Optimal Design for a High Impact Microaccelerometer," Journal of the KIMST, Vol. 14, pp. 132-138.
- Kim, D. H., Sung, Y. K. and Jang, W. S., 2011, "Learning Input Shaping Control with Parameter Estimation for Nonlinear Actuators," Transactions of the KSME A, Vol. 35, No. 11, pp. 1423-1428.
- Lee, H. C. and Jee, S. C., 2009, "Integrated Auto-Tuning of a Multi-Axis Cross-Coupling Control System," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 12, pp. 55-61.
- Eom, H. S., Kim, J. Y, Baek, J. Y. and Lee, M. C., 2010, "Reduction of Relative Position error for DGPS Based Localization of AUV Using LSM and Kalman Filter," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 10, pp. 52-60.
- Kim, W., Lee, C. M., Lee, M. J. and Park, S. J., 2010, "A Study on the Development of Measuring System for Extra Long Roller Using Noncontact Sensor," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 33-39.
- Shim, J. J., Han, G. J., Han, D. S., Lee, S. W. and Kim, T. H., 2004, "The Study on Piezoresistance Change Ratio of Cantilever type Acceleration Sensor," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 2004, No. 10, pp. 294-297.
- ANSYS, 2007, ANSYS Theory Reference 11.0, SAS IP, Inc.
- Noh, Y. S., Chung, J. T. and Bae, D. S., 1997, "Stability and Accuracy for the Trapezoidal Rule of the Newmark Time Integration Method with Variable Time Step Sizes," Transactions of the KSME A, Vol. 21, pp. 1712-1717.
- Park, J. S., Yoon, J. H. and Im, J. B., 2004, "Optimal Design of a Satellite Structure by Response Surface Method," Journal of Aeronautical and Space Science, Vol. 32, pp. 22-28.