- Volume 49 Issue 4
In this paper, we first study convergence of a special type of multisplitting methods with preweighting, and then we provide some comparison results of those multisplitting methods. Next, we propose both parallel implementation of an SOR-like multisplitting method with preweighting and an application of the SOR-like multisplitting method with preweighting to a parallel preconditioner of Krylov subspace method. Lastly, we provide parallel performance results of both the SOR-like multisplitting method with preweighting and Krylov subspace method with the parallel preconditioner to evaluate parallel efficiency of the proposed methods.
multisplitting method;preweighting;preconditioner;Krylov subspace method;parallel performance
- A. Berman and R. J. Plemmons, Nonnegative matrices in the Mathematical sciences, Academic Press, New York, 1979.
- L. Elsner, Comparisons of weak regular splitting and multisplitting methods, Numer. Math. 56 (1989), no. 2-3, 283-289. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01409790
- A. Frommer and G. Mayer, Convergence of relaxed parallel multisplitting methods, Linear Algebra Appl. 119 (1989), 141-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3795(89)90074-8
- A. Frommer and G. Mayer, On the theory and practice of multisplitting methods in parallel computation, Computing 49 (1992), no. 1, 63-74 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02238650
- A. Frommer and D. B. Szyld, H-splittings and two-stage iterative methods, Numer. Math. 63 (1992), no. 3, 345-356. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01385865
- M. Neumann and R. J. Plemmons, Convergence of parallel multisplitting iterative methods for M-matrices, Linear Algebra Appl. 88/89 (1987), 559-574.
- D. P. O'Leary and R. E. White, Multisplittings of matrices and parallel solution of linear systems, SIAM J. Algebraic Discrete Methods 6 (1985), no. 4, 630-640. https://doi.org/10.1137/0606062
- OpenMP Architecture Review Board, OpenMP Fortran Application Program Interface Version 2.0, 2000.
- Y. Saad, Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, PWS Publishing Company, Boston, 1996.
- D. B. Szyld and M. T. Jones, Two-stage and multisplitting methods for the parallel solution of linear systems, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 13 (1992), no. 2, 671-679. https://doi.org/10.1137/0613042
- R. S. Varga, Matrix Iterative Analysis, Springer, Berlin, 2000.
- C. L. Wang and J. H. Zhao, Further results on regular splittings and multisplittings, Int. J. Comput. Math. 82 (2005), no. 4, 421-431. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207160412331296607
- R. E. White, Multisplitting with different weighting schemes, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 10 (1989), no. 4, 481-493. https://doi.org/10.1137/0610034
- R. E. White, Multisplitting of a symmetric positive definite matrix, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 11 (1990), no. 1, 69-82. https://doi.org/10.1137/0611004
- J. H. Yun, Performance of ILU factorization preconditioners based on multisplittings, Numer. Math. 95 (2003), no. 4, 761-779. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00211-003-0453-1
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation(KRF)