- Volume 26 Issue 4
Recently, drinking water quality has significantly improved with the progress of water treatment technologies, however, customer's trust on tap water is still relatively low. Low trust on water quality is mainly due to vague anxiety. Therefore, to improve customer's trust on drinking water quality new strategy such as water safety plan(WSP) which recommended by WHO and IWA should be introduced. WSP can be defined as an approach which uses comprehensive risk assessment and risk management approach that encompasses all steps in water supply from catchment to consumer to ensure the safety of a drinking water supply. In this study, cases on WSP introduction in other countries as well as strategy for the introduction of WSP in Korea were investigated. In addition, recommendations on the improvement of the current water contamination response manual was suggested based on the analysis of the existing manual at a full scale water treatment plant.
water supply system;water safety plan;hazard;risk assessment;HACCP
- 김진근, 이송희, 김재원 (2010) 급속여과공정에서 여과수질 저하원인 및 개선방안, 상하수도학회지, 24(3), 333-339.
- 일본 동경도 (2010) TOKYO 고품질프로그램.
- 일본 후생 노동성 (2008) 水安全計畵策定ガイドライン.
- 환경부 (2 011) 먹는물관리지침.
- K-water (2012a) 물안전관리계획 국내 도입방안 및 실행체계 수립.
- K-water (2012b) A 정수장 수도 수질사고 대응 매뉴얼.
- USEPA (2012) 홈페이지.
- WHO (2008) Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality, 3rd Ed.
- WHO (2005) Water Safety Plans.
- WHO and IWA (2009) Water Safety Plan Manual.
- Application of HACCP principles to MAR-based drinking water supply system vol.30, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2016.30.5.533
- Hazardous event analysis in drinking water production using aquifer storage transfer and recovery vol.29, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2015.29.1.023