- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Current status of clinical practice and associated factors with satisfaction among students in the department of Emergency Medical Service
일부 응급구조(학)과 학생의 병원임상실습 실태 및 만족도 관련요인
- Choi, Sung Soo (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Chosun University) ;
- Park, Jong (Dept. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chosun University) ;
- Ryu, So Yeon (Dept. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chosun University) ;
- Han, Mi Ah (Dept. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chosun University)
- 최성수 (조선대학교 대학원 보건학) ;
- 박종 (조선대학교 의학전문대학원 예방의학교실) ;
- 류소연 (조선대학교 의학전문대학원 예방의학교실) ;
- 한미아 (조선대학교 의학전문대학원 예방의학교실)
- Received : 2012.02.17
- Accepted : 2012.08.16
- Published : 2012.08.31
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to investigate the current status of clinical practice and associated factors with satisfaction among students in the department of emergency medical service. Methods : The study subjects were 498 students who finished clinical practice course in 9 universities. General characteristics, current status of clinical practice, frequency of some medical procedure and practice satisfaction were collected using self-administered questionnaire. The association between clinical practice and satisfaction was tested by t-test, ANOVA and multiple regression analysis. Results : Of 498 students, 257 (51.6%) subjects were male and the mean age was
- Kwon HR. Study on reality field practice and improvements by students of Dep. of Emergency Medical Technology. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2002;12(6):15-26.
- Kim SY, Kim CH, Song JY, Ahn DH, Chae JB. An investigation of factors which influence physical therapy students' satisfaction with their clinical practice. KAUTPT 2004;11(3):71-84.
- Park IS, Lee SH. A study on the satisfaction of clinical training according to dental hygienist duties. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science 2007;7(4): 295-302.
- Baek ML. An initial clinical experience of EMT Students. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2003;7(1):95-108.
- Cho KJ, Park YS, Lee BK, Park JH, Chung SH. Suggestions for on-site training programs in 3-year health colleges. Journanl of Allied Health Sciences 1997;6(1):9-28.
- Kim SH. The study on the impact of social work practicum on career development : Laying stress on vocational identity, career decision making status, and career preparation behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University 2007, Seoul, Korea.
- Byeon BB. Research on the career decision and professional identity and major-related experience's satisfaction with the prospective youth leaders. Unpublished master's thesis, Myongji University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Shin SG, Im IC. Satisfaction level of clinical practice and related variables for students in the department of radiology. The Korea Contents Society 2010;9(10):276-284.
- Lee OS, Suh IS. A study on the kind of nursing activities which nursing student had experienced and the degree of stress perceived during the period of nursing activities. Chonbuk National University Collection of Dissertations 1995;39:183-194.
- Lee UN, Woo OJ. Relationship between characteristics of nursing students before entrance and attitudes toward nursing profession after entering school of nursing. The Korean nurses 1971;10(1):25-37.
- Kim SK. A study of the tourism education programs in two year colleges - focusing on Korea and America -. Unpublished master's thesis, Jeju National University 2000, Jeju, Korea.
- Kang HO. A study on the clinical performance ability, self-concept of professional nursing and satisfaction with clinical practice of nursing students. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University 2010, Daegu, Korea.
- Lee JI, A comparison of the four-year emergency paramedic training programs of South Korea and United States. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University 2011, Gongju, Korea.
- Shim HS. The status of clinical practice by dental hygiene student at Kwangju.Chonnam area colleges. Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University 2001, Gwangju, Korea.
- Jung YH. Satisfaction on the clinical training of college students majoring in dental techniques. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University 2004, Gyeongbuk, Korea.
- Park DS, Nam KW. A correlation study on the relationship between motivation for achievement and satisfaction on clinical practice in EMT students. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2007;11(3):47-64.
- Choi ES, Lee IS. A study on self-concept and satisfaction on field practice of E.M.T. college students. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 1997;1(1):87-99.
- Yoon JS. Study of the effectiveness of the clinical nurse's practical education. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University 1998, Seoul, Korea.
- Na JH, Park SO, Baek KJ, Hong DY, Lee KR, Lee MH. Analysis of the time-dependent changes of chest compression quality and related rescuer factors in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation by lay-persons. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2011;22(5):431-437.
- Koh BY, Kwak MC, Sin HN. A study on the performance activities in emergency medical technology students field training. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;03(1):55-64.