- Volume 23 Issue 5
Study on Anti-Washout Properties and Shear-Thickening Behaviors of Surfactant Added Cement Grouts
계면활성제 혼화제를 첨가한 시멘트 그라우트의 수중 불분리 특성 발현과 점도 증가 효과 연구
- Jang, In-Kyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Seo, Seung-Ree (Department of Medical Biomaterials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Park, Seung-Kyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Published : 2012.10.10
Concrete, the mixture of cement, sand, gravel and water, is a suspension substance extensively used to construct building materials. When a concrete mortar is applied to the underwater construction, the rheology of concrete is of great importance to its flow performance, placement, anti-washout and consolidation. In this research, the anti-washout and rheological properties of concrete have been investigated with concrete admixtures prepared by adding anionic surfactants, cationic surfactants, and polymeric thickeners. The concrete mortar formulated by pseudo-polymeric systems with the electrostatic association of anionic and cationic surfactants, showed high viscosities and suitable anti-washout properties, but poor pumpabilities. The addition of poly methyl vinyl ether to the mixed surfactant system exhibits synergistic effects by improving the concrete mortar properties of the concrete mortar such as fluidity, visco-elastic property, self-leveling, and anti-washout.
concrete admixture;anti-washout;viscoelastic;fluidity;mixed surfactants
- A. Yahia, Cem. Concr. Res., 41, 230 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2010.11.004
- H. Okamura and M. Ouchi, J. of Advanced Concr. Technol., 1, 5 (2003). https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.1.5
- A. Yahia and K. H. Khayat, Cem. Concr. Res., 31, 749 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(01)00496-3
- A. Umar and A. Al-Tamimi, Jordan J. of Civil Engineering, 5, 1 (2011).
- D. Feys, R. Verhoeven, and G. D. Schutter, Cem. Concr. Res., 38, 920 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2008.02.008
- D. G. Shin, Y. H. Song, and C. T. Lee, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 16, 267 (2005).
- U. S. Patent 8,105,500 B2 (2012).
- M. Lachemi, K. M. A. Hossain, V. Lambros, P. C. Nkinamubanzi, and N. Bouzoubaa, Cem. Concr. Res., 34, 917 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2003.10.024
- Y. H. Kim, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21, 457 (2010).
- W. C. Jau and C. T. Yang, Cem. & Concr. Composites, 32, 450 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2010.01.001
- K. H. Khayat and J. Assaad, ACI Mater. J., 100, 185 (2003).
- V. H. Nguyen, S. Remond, and J. L. Gallias, Cem. Concr. Res., 41, 292 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2010.11.015
- S. H. Bae, J. I. Park, and T. D. Kim, J. of Korean Soc. of Urban Environ, 10, 259 (2010).
- H. El-Chabib, M. Nehdi, and M. Sonebi, ACI Mater. J., 100, 165 (2003).
- J. J. Assaad and C. A. Issa, Construction and Building Mater., 30, 667 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.12.047
- C. F. Ferraris, J. Res. Natl. Inst. Stand. Technol., 104, 461 (1999). https://doi.org/10.6028/jres.104.028
- E. H. Seo, D. Y. Lee, J. K. Lee, and J. H. Kim, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 8, 673 (1997).
- Z. Li, Cem. Concr. Res., 37, 1308 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2007.05.001
- G. Kume, M. Galloti, and G. Nunes, J. Surfact. Deterg., 11, 1 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11743-007-1047-1
- A. Upadhyaya, E. J. Acosta, J. F. Scamehorn, and D. A. Sabatini, J. Surfact. Deterg., 10, 269 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11743-007-1045-3
- A. Upadhyaya, E. J. Acosta, J. F. Scamehorn, and D. A. Sabatini, J. Surfact. Deterg., 9, 169 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11743-006-0387-6