- Volume 23 Issue 5
To verify the utilization of biomass as energy, the combustion characteristic has been studied by an experimental combustion furnace under an isothermal and non-isothermal combustion. The wood pellet, rice straw and rice husk were used as biomass samples in this work. The characteristics of emission gases, dusts and residues from biomass combustion have been analyzed and compared with those of reuse derived fuel (RDF). From isothermal combustion experiments, it was found that the incomplete combustion of rice straw was greater that that of rice husk, wood pellet and RDF. This is due to the fact that the combustion reaction rate of the rice straw was faster than that of other samples, and the oxygen concentration in rice straw combustion was rapidly decreasing. It was also found that
wood pellet;rice straw;rice husk;reuse derived fuel;combustion
- Y. S. Choi, H. S. Choi, S. J. Kim, D. S. Jeong, and J. K. Koo, J. Korea Soc. Waste Manag., 26, 548 (2009).
- J. Fischer, The Council of the European Union Report, 5 (1991).
- European Committee for Standardization, Solid Recovered Fuels, CEN/TR Technical Report, 14745, 55 (2003).
- European Committee for Standardization, Solid Recovered Fuels-Specification and classes, CEN/TS Final Draft, 15359, 12 (2005).
- S. Zhou and X. Zhang, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 24, 170 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-007-5027-y
- C. Prompubess, L. Mekasut, P. Piumsomboon, and P. Kuchontara, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 24, 989 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-007-0109-4
- P. Purohit, A, K, Tripathi, and T. C. Kandpal, Energy, 31, 1321 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2005.06.004
- S. Paulrud and C. Nisson, Biomass Bioenergy, 20, 25 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0961-9534(00)00061-1
- M. Fang, L. Yang, G. Chen, Z. Shi, Z. Luo, and K. Cen, Fuel Process Technol., 85, 1273 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2003.08.002
- S. Sinkkonen, R. Makela, R. Vesterinen, and M. Lahtipera, Chemophere, 31, 2629 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-6535(95)94372-U
- M. Otero, C. Diez, L. F. Calvo, A. I. Garcia, and A. Moran, Biomass Bioenergy, 22, 319 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0961-9534(02)00012-0
- D.-G. Lee, H.-Y. Shin, H. Kwak, and S.-Y. Bae, J. Korea Soc. Waste Manag., 22, 533 (2005).
- S. Rodjeen, L. Mekaust, P. Kuchontara, and P. Piumsomboon, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 23, 216 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02705719
- W.-H. Kim, J. Korean Inst. Resources Recycling, 15, 46 (2006).
- N. Sanjel, J.-H. Gu, W.-T. Kwon, and S. C. Oh, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23, 333 (2012).