- Volume 23 Issue 4
Study on the Condensation Reaction of Alkyl Glycidyl Ethers and Fatty Acids
알킬 글리시딜에테르와 지방산의 축합반응 연구
- Kim, Ji-Hyun (Department of Fine Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, BK21-E2M, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hwang, Hyun Ah (Department of Green Chemistry and Environmental Biotechnology, University of Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Young-Seak (Department of Fine Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, BK21-E2M, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Byung Min (Environment and Resources Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology)
- 김지현 (충남대학교 바이오응용화학과) ;
- 황현아 (과학기술연합대학원대학교 청정화학 및 생물학) ;
- 이영석 (충남대학교 바이오응용화학과) ;
- 이병민 (한국화학연구원 그린화학공정연구본부)
- Published : 2012.08.10
A convenient procedure for the synthesis of fatty acid diesters was studied. Long chain diesters have been used as biolubricant and transformer oils. The series of octyl, dodecyl, hexadecyl, octadecyl, and octadec-9-enyl glycidyl ether were used to synthesize those diesters. Alkyl glycidyl ethers were reacted with fatty acid such as oleic acid and octanoic acid, and octanoic acid. The one-step / two-step reactions were compared during the condensation reaction. The products were confirmed by
- J. Salimon, N. Salih, and E. Yousif, Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 112, 519 (2010).
- J. Salimon, N. Salih, and E. Yousif, J. King Saud Uni. Sci., 24, 11 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2010.08.008
- J. Salimon, N. Salih, and E. Yousif, Kem. Ind., 60, 127 (2011).
- J. Salimon, N. Salih, and E. Yousif, J. Saudi Chem. Soci., 15, 195 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2010.08.004
- U. S. Patent 7,867,959 (2011).
- R. Yunus, A. Rakhru'l-Razi, T. L. Ooi, S. E. lyuke, and A. Idris, J. Oil Palm Res., 15, 35 (2003).
- Y. Linko, T. Tervakangas, M. Lamsa, and P. Linko, Biotechnol. Tech., 11, 889 (1995).
- V. Eychenne, Z. Mouloungui, and A. Gaset, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 75, 293 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-998-0044-5
- S. Cryglewicz, W. Piechocki, and G. Cryglewicz, Bioresour. Techonol., 87, 35 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(02)00203-1
- A. Igartua, X. Fernandez, O. Areitioaurtena, R. Luther, C. Seyfert, and J. Fausch, Tribology Inter., 42, 561 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2008.10.015
- H. C. Kang, B. M. Lee, J. Yoon, and M. Yoon, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 78, 423 (2000).
- D. H. Wang and H. S. Weng, Chem. Eng. Sci., 50, 3477 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(95)00178-8
- D. M. Dishong, C. J. Diamond, M. I. Cinoman, and G. W. Gokel, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 105, 586 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00341a045