- Volume 23 Issue 2
Preparation of Nano-emulsion Containing Polygonum aviculare Extract for Enhanced Transdermal Delivery
피부 흡수 증진을 위한 마디풀 추출물 함유 나노에멀젼 제조에 관한 연구
- Lim, Myoung Sun (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Min A (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Soo Nam (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 임명선 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소) ;
- 박민아 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소) ;
- 박수남 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소)
- Published : 2012.04.10
In this study, nano-emulsion containing ethyl acetate fraction of Polygonum aviculare (P. aviculare) extract was prepared and skin permeability of the nano-emulsion was evaluated. Nano-emulsion was prepared using homogenizer and microfluidizer by the high-energy method. The droplet size and loading efficiency of nano-emulsion containing ethyl acetate fraction of P. aviculare extract were determined. The mean droplet size was 238 nm and the loading efficiency was more than 98%. The size distribution of nano-emulsion was a monodispersed form and nano-emulsion was more stable than that of using typical emulsion without using the microfluidizer. The in vitro skin permeation study of nano-emulsion containing ethyl acetate fraction of P. aviculare extract was carried out using Franz diffusion cells. Compared to 1,3-butylene glycol, nano-emulsion showed greater values of cumulative permeation of ethyl acetate fraction from P. aviculare extract. These results indicate that the stability and skin permeability of nano-emulsion containing ethyl acetate fraction of P. aviculare exerting anti-oxidative and anti-aging activities were enhanced.
- B. R. Won. M. K. Kang, and S. N. Park, J. Soc. Comet. Scientist, Korea., 35, 79 (2009).
- L. Houillot, J. Nicolas, M. Save, and B. Charleus, Langmuir, 21, 6726 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1021/la050495b
- A. Musyanovych, V. Mailander, and K. Landfester, Biomacromolecules, 6, 1824 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1021/bm050084+
- W. Seifriz, Science, 87, 212 (1938). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.87.2253.212
- M. Cajkovac, L. Oremovic, and V. Cajkovac, Pharmazie, 47, 39 (1992).
- M. Sznitowska, K. Zurowska-Pryczkowska, S. Janicki, and T. Jarvinen, Int. J. Pharm., 184, 115 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-5173(99)00106-4
- P. F. Yue, H. L. Yuan, W. F. Zhu, L. B. Cong, H. Xie, Z. G. Liu, L. J. Wang, and X. H. Xiao, Biol. Pharm. Bull., 31, 45 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.31.45
- R. Barnadas-Rodriguez and M. Sabes, Int. J. Pharm., 213, 175 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-5173(00)00661-X
- A. Towata, M. Sivakumar, K. Yasui, T. Tuziuti, T. Kozuka, and Y. Lida, Ultrason Sonochem, 14, 705 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultsonch.2007.01.001
- P. Izquierdo, J. Feng, J. Esquena, T. F. Tadros, J. C. Dederen, M. J. Garcia, M. Azemar, and C. Solans, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 285, 388 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2004.10.047
- J. B. Tagne, S. Kakumanu, and R. J. Nicolosi, Mol. Pharm., 5, 1055 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1021/mp8000556
- S. B. Calderilla-Fajardo, J. Cazares-Delgadillo, R. Villalobos-Garcia, D. Quintanar-Guerrero, A. Ganem- Quintanar, and R. Robles, Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm., 32, 107 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1080/03639040500388540
- C. Solans, J. Esquena, A. Forgiarini, D. Morales, N. Uso'n, and P. Izquierdo, Nano emulsions: formation and properties: surfactants in solution: fundamentals and applications, Surfactant Science Series, eds. D. Shah, B. Moudgil, K. L. Mittal, Marcel Dekker, New York, 525 (2002).
- E. D. Sudol and M. S. El-Aasser, In emulsion polymerization and emulsion polymers, P. A. Lovell and M. S. El-Aasser, Eds., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Chichester, United Kingdom, 700 (1997).
- L. Marszall, In nonionic surfactants: surfactant science series, ed. M. J. Shick, Marcel Dekker, New York, 23, 493 (1987).
- K. Shinoda and H. J. Saito, Colloid Interface Sci., 26, 70 (1968). https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(68)90273-7
- F. Q. Xu, H. B. Liu, J. G. Luo, J. L. Zhang, and H. S. Guan, Periodical of Ocean University of China, 3 (2010)
- F. Q. Xu, H. S. Guan, G. Q. Li, and H. B. Liu, Chromatograpia, 69, 1251 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1365/s10337-009-1088-x
- C. Y. Hsu, Biol Res., 39, 281 (2006).
- H. S. Kim, Kor. J. Mycol., 8, 1 (1980).
- S. N. Park, S. Y. Kim, M. J. Kim, G. N. Lim, M. S. Lim, H. J. Lee, M. A. Park, and J. E. Kim, Cellular Protective Effect of Polygonum aviculare Extract and Preparation of Liposome Containing It, IFSCC conference, Bangkok, (2011).
- W. G. Cho, J. Korean Oil Chemists' Soc., 24, 410 (2007).
- S. S. Baik. J. Soc. Comet. Scientist Korea., 19, 127 (1993).
- K. Y. Kyoung, U. K. Jee, and W. G. Cho, J. Kor. Pharm. Sci., 37, 85 (2007)
- H. S. Kang, S. S, Kwon, B. H. Kim, B. R. Lee, K. H. Kang, J. E. Hong, S. H. Han, and I. S. Chang, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 8, 348 (2002).
- W. G. Cho, J. Soc. Comet. Scientist, Korea., 37, 1 (2011).