- Volume 23 Issue 2
Physical Properties of Polymer Concrete Composite Using Rapid-Cooled Steel Slag (I) (Use of Rapid-Cooled Steel Slag in Replacement of Fine Aggregate)
급냉 제강슬래그를 사용한 폴리머 콘크리트 복합재료의 물성(I) (잔골재를 급냉 제강슬래그로 대체 사용)
- Hwang, Eui-Hwan (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Choul-Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Man (Department of Architecture, Kongju National University)
- Published : 2012.04.10
For the recycling of rapid-cooled steel slag, various specimens were prepared with the various replacement ratios of the rapid-cooled steel slag and the addition ratios of polymer binders. The physical properties of these specimens were then investigated by absorption test, compressive strength test, flexural strength test and hot water resistance test, and the pore and the micro-structure analysis was performed using scanning electron microscope. Results showed that the flexural strength increased with the increase of rapid-cooled steel slag and polymer binder, but the compressive strength showed a maximum strength at a certain proportion. By the hot water resistance test, compressive strength and flexural strength decreased remarkably and the total pore volume increased but the pore diameter decreased. SEM observation of the structure before the hot water resistance test revealed a very compact infusion of structure but the decomposition or thermal degradation appeared in polymer binders when observed after the hot water resistance test.
- E. H. Hwang and T. S. Hwang, J. of Ind. Eng. Chem., 13, 585 (2007).
- J. M. Kim, S. H. Cho, K. J. Kwon, and M. H. Kim, J. of Archi. Instit. of Korea, 21, 121 (2005).
- E. H. Hwang, Y. S. Ko, J. M. Kim, and T. S. Hwang, J. of Ind. Eng. Chem., 15, 628 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2009.09.033
- H.-Y. Moon and J.-H. Yoo, J. of the Korea Conc. Instit., 14, 597 (2002). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2002.14.4.597
- J.-M. Kim, E.-G. Kwak, and K.-S. Bae, J. of the Korea Conc. Instit., 19, 549 (2007) https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.5.549
- D. G. Montgomery and G. Wang, Cem. Conc. Res., 21, 1083 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(91)90068-S
- D. G. Montgomery and G. Wang, Cem. Conc. Res., 22, 755 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(92)90098-G
- J.-M. Kim, S.-H. Cho, S.-Y. Oh, and E.-G. Kwak, Mag. of the Korea Conc. Instit., 19, 39 (2007). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.1.039
- O. S. Oh, et al., Patent No. 10-0098062-0000 (1996).
- D. W. Fowler, Cem. Conc. Res., 21, 449 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(99)00032-3
- L. Czarnecki, A. Garbacz, and J. Kurach, Cem. Conc. Compos., 23, 399 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(01)00009-9
- J. P. Gorninski, D. C. Dal Molin, and C. S. Kazmierczak, Cem. Conc. Res., 34, 2091 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2004.03.012
- M. Haidar, E. Ghorbel, and H. Toutanji, Const. Build. Mater., 25, 1632 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.10.010
- H. Abdel-Fattah and M. M. El-Hawary, Const. Build. Mater., 13, 253 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-0618(99)00030-6
- J. P. Gorninski, D. C. Dal Molin, and C. S. Kazmierczak, Cem. Conc. Compos., 29, 637 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2007.04.001
- Y. Ohama, Proc. 12th Inter. Cong. on polym. in Conc., ed. Kyu-Seok Yeon, 12, 37, Chuncheon (2007).
- D. Van Gemert, L. Czarnecki, et al, Cem. Conc. Compos., 27, 926 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2005.05.004
- J. T. San-Jose, I. J. Vegas, and M. Frias, Const. Build. Mater., 22, 2031 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2007.08.001
- B.-W. Jo, S.-K. Park, and D.-K. Kim, Const. Build. Mater., 22, 14 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2007.02.009
- J. P. Gorninski, D. C. Dal Molin, and C. S. Kazmierczak, Const. Build. Mater., 21, 546 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2005.09.003
- G. D. Soraru and P. Tassone, Const. Build. Mater., 18, 561 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2004.04.019