- Volume 23 Issue 2
Foaming Process of Waste LCD Glass for the Recovery of Valuable Materials from Waste LCD Pannel
폐 LCD판넬의 유가성분 회수를 위한 폐 LCD유리의 발포공정
- Lee, Chul-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Park, Tae-Moon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Min (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University)
- Published : 2012.04.10
Recycling method of waste LCD glass is the essential process for developing the total recycling process of LCD pannel. Pulverizing of LCD glass, determination of proper carbonacious foaming agent, the properties of residue from the recovery of valuable materials through an acid leaching process and the feasibility for the foaming of the residue obtained from leaching for indium and tin recovery were investigated for the developing of recycling method of waste LCD glass as industrial feed materials, such as heat insulation materials, sound absorbing materials, carrier of water treatment. Waste LCD glass could be pulverized finely for foaming process. Natural graphite was proper agent for foaming of the residue and the foaming technology of LCD glass would be effective recycling alternatives.
- A. S. Avtar and Y. Wu, Electronic Waste Management, ed. R.E. hester and R.M. Harrison, 180, Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, (2009).
- K. Ranerup, B. Letcher, G. Lundholm, M. O. M. Edwards, and H. Nyman, Electronics Goes Green, EGG2008, Berlin (2008).
- B. Kopacek, Proc. of the 19th Waste management conference of the IWMSA., ReLCD: Recycling and Re-Use of LCD Panels (2008).
- R. Ackermann and G. Fleischer, EDV, Elektronikschrott, Abfallwirtschaft, 231 (1993).
- C.-T. Lee, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 20, 266 (2009).
- J. Li, S. Gao, H. Duan, and L. Liu, Waste Management, 29, 2033 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2008.12.013
- DIUS Report, Innovation Nation, 2008, http://www.dius.gov.uk/publication/ScienceInnovation.pdf,accessed 18/04/08
- S. Kiyoshi, K. Kazuya, and T. Yasunobu, Japan Patent 2000-024613 (2000).
- S. Kiyoshi and N. Tadashi, Japan Patent 2001-305501 (2001).
- T. Honma, Sharp Tech. Journal, 92, 17 (2005).
- S. Kiyoshi and N. Tadashi, Japan Patent 2001-305502 (2001).
- S. Kiyoshi and N. Tadashi, Japan Patent 2001-337305 (2001).
- S. Iwao, Japan Patent 2002-346505 (2002).
- R. Martin, B. Simon-Hettich, and W. Beckedr, Proc. Int. Disp. Workshops, 11, 583 (2004).
- LCD Industries Research Committee, Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association: Recycling of LCD Panel, http://home.jeita.or.jp/device/lirec/english/enviro/recycle.htm.
- R. Martin, US. Patent 2007/0193414 A1 (2007).
- Y&B Co. Ltd., Korea Patent 10-2004-0076706 (2004).
- H.-Y. Wang, Waste Management, 29, 335 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2008.03.005
- K.-L. Lin, J. Hazardous Materials, 148, 91 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.02.004
- Directive 2002/96/EC of the European Parliament and of the council of 27 January 2003 on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)-Joint declaration of the European Parliament, the Council and the Commission relating to Article 9, http;//ec.europa. eu/envronment/waste/weee/index_en.tm, accessed18/04/08
- KS L 3114: 2010 (MOD ISO 5017:1998).
- C.-T. Lee, Prospectives. Ind. Chem., 3, 1 (2000).
- Y. A. Spiridonov and L. A. Orlova, Glass and Ceramics, 60, 321 (2003).