- Volume 23 Issue 1
The experiments have been performed to obtain zinc complex compound with smaller particle size, which is used as a charge control agent in manufacturing toner. Metallic salts and polyhydric alcohols have been studied to investigate their effects on the formation of different sizes of zinc complex-compound particle. Reactants such as zinc chloride and 3,5-di-tert-butyl salicylic acid have been used to form the complex compound. Polyethylene glycol (PEG-300), glycerin and ethylene glycol have been added into the zinc chloride solution beforehand to lower the reaction rate in the formation of zinc complex-compound. Zirconium (IV) oxychloride octahydrate has been mixed in the zinc chloride solution beforehand to restrain crystals from growing. When PEG-300 and zirconium (IV) oxychloride octahydrate are used to lower the reaction rate and to restrain the particle size from growing, the average particle size of zinc complex compound decreases from 5.28 to 1.84
charge control agent;zinc complex compound;metallic salts;polyhydric alcohols
- M. Takeuchi and T. Oguchi, Advanced Technology and Application of Toner, MGM Publishing Co. Ltd., 1, 14, Toykyo (2009).
- J. W. Jeon and S. S. Kim, J. Korean Soc. Dyers & Finishers, 15, 8 (2003).
- J. S. Chang, A. J. Kelly, and J. M. Cowley, Handbook of Electrostatic Processes, ed. M. Dekker, Inc. (1995).
- M. S. Park, Polymer (Korea), 30, 505 (2006).
- J. H. Lee, S. N. Lee, and M. S. Park, J. Korean Printing Society, 20, 65 (2002).
- N. Iwata, K. Tani, and A. Watada, Micron, 37, 290 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micron.2005.08.003
- L. De Schamphelaere, Short Run Digital Color Printing, IS+T llth Intemational Congress, Hilton Head/US (1995).
- J. Yang, T. J. Wang, and H. He, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 42, 5568 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie0301029
- N. Sawatari, M. Fukuda, Y. Taguchi, and M. Tanaka, J. Appl. Poly. Sci., 97, 682 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.21823
- M. P. Stevens, Polymer Chemistry : 3rd edition, Oxford University Press, Oxford (1999).
- S. R. Choi, Y. I. Kim, and W. K. Seok, Reaction and Mechanism of Transition Metal Compounds, 141, Freedom academy, Seoul (2003).
- R. Bai, L. Zhang, Y. Liu, L. Meng, L. Wang, Y. Wu, W. Li, C. Ge, and L. L. Guyader, C. Chen, Toxicol. Lett., 199, 288 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxlet.2010.09.011
- G. S. P. Castle and L. B. Schein, J. Electrost., 36, 165 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3886(95)00043-7
- J. H. Anderson, D. E. Bugner, L. P. DeMejo, R. A. Guistina, and N. Zumbulyadis, J. Imaging Sci. Technol., 37, 431 (1993).
- J. H. Anderson, J. Imaging Sci. Technol., 38, 378 (1994).
- E. J. Gutman and G. C. Hartmann, J. Imaging Sci. Technol., 36, 335 (1992).
- A. F. Diaz and D. Fenzel-Alexander, Langmuir, 9, 249 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1021/la00025a047