- Volume 23 Issue 1
Development of On-line Quantitative Analysis for Bioethanol Using Infrared Spectroscopy
적외선 분광분석을 이용한 바이오 에탄올 on-line용 정량분석법 개발
- Kim, Hyeonguk (Deparment of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Ryu, Jun-Hyung (Department of Nuclear and Energy System Engineering, Dongguk University) ;
- Liu, J. Jay (Deparment of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Published : 2012.02.10
This paper proposes a new methodology for the real-time on-line quality monitoring of biofuel processes through the integration of infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics. A method of Partial Least Squares (PLS) in Chemometrics is employed for quantitative analysis of key components in bioethanol products. After a number of preprocessing methods and variable importance in projection (VIP) are used, Savitzky-Golay method showed the best performance in terms of spectrum correction, noise reduction, and model maintenance. The proposed method allows us to economically forecast the concentration of multiple impurities encountered with the production of bioethanol. The proposed system is also accurate enough (
bioethanol;Partial least squares;spectrum preprocessing;variable importance in projection;Infrared spectroscopy
- H. J. Kim and S. K. Min, Samsung Economics Research Institute-CEP Information, 294 (2001).
- H. N. Kim, H. C. Kang, and H. S. Jung, Samsung Economics Research Institute-Issue Paper, June (2010).
- ASTM Standard D4806 (2010).
- J. W. Ahn, Y. H. Woo, and H. J. Kim, Analytical Science & Technology, 16, 95 (2003).
- N. W. Cho, S. M. Jeon, S. H. Kang, and D. H. Lee, J. Korean Institute of Fire Sci. and Eng., 11, 192, (2009).
- H. C. Chung and H. J. Kim, Analytical Science & Technology, 13, 138 (2000).
- S. Y. Kim, B. S. Lee, C. B. Chung, and S. H. Choi, J. of Institute of Cont., Robo. & Sys., 11, 550 (2005).
- A. Ferrer, D. Aguado, S. Vidal-Puig, J. M. Prats, and M. Zarzo, Appl. Stoch. Model. Bus., 24, 551 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/asmb.716
- H. S. Lee, Y. R. Lee, C. H. Jun, and J. H. Hong, Research of Applied Statistics, 23, 296 (2010).
- D. S. Ryu, L. G. Hwang, and S. H. Noh, Proc. KSAM 2000 Winter Conf., eds. the Korean society of the agricultural machinery (2000).
- J. H. Cho, SWU J. Pharm. Sci., 22, 40 (2005).