- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Variation Pattern of the Wave Climate in the Sokcho Coastal Zone
속초 연안의 파랑환경 변화양상 분석
- Received : 2012.03.05
- Accepted : 2012.04.26
- Published : 2012.04.30
Exploratory data analysis was carried out by using the long-term wave climate data in Sokcho coastal zone. The main features found in this study are as follows. The coefficient of variations on the wave height and period are about 0.11 and 0.02, respectively. It also shows that the annual components of the wave height and period are dominant and their amplitudes are 0.24 m and 0.56 seconds, respectively. The amount of intra-annual variation range is about two times greater than that of the inter-annual variation range. The distribution shapes of the wave data are very similar to the log-normal and GEV(generalized extreme value) functions. However, the goodness-of-fit tests based on the KS test show as "rejected" for all suggested density functions. Then, the structure of the timeseries wave height data is roughly estimated as AR(3) model. Based on the wave duration results, it is clearly shown that the continuous and maximum duration is decreased as a power function shape and the total duration is exponentially decreased. Meanwhile, the environment of the Sokcho coastal zone is classified as a wave-dominated environment.
wave climate;frequency distribution;seasonal variation;auto-correlation function;cross-correlation function;wave duration
- 송무석, 김도영, 김민, 홍기용, 전기천 (2004). 장기 수치모사 파랑자료를 바탕으로 한 한국해역의 파랑에너지밀도 분석. 한국해양환경공학회지, 7(3), 152-157.
- 안경모, 천제호 (2004). 장기 파랑 측정자료를 이용한 평상파 산정 방법론. 한국해안.해양공학회지, 16(3), 178-189.
- 이달수, 안희도, 채장원, 이광수 (1988). 후포해역의 파랑에너지 분포특성. Ocean Research, 10(2), 43-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-1187(88)80023-3
- 정원무, 오상호, 이달수, 이동영 (2007). 실측 파랑자료를 이용하여 추정된 우리나라 동해 연안역의 파력부존량 비교. 신재생에너지, 3(3), 28-35.
- Anthony, E.J. and Orford, J.D. (2002). Between wave- and tide-dominated coasts: the Middle Ground revisited. Journal of Coastal Research, Special Issue 36, 8-15.
- Cryer, J.D. (1986). Time Series Analysis, PWS-KENT Publishing Co., Boston, 286.
- Davis Jr., R.A. and Hayes, M.O. (1984). What is a wave-dominated coast?. Marine Geology, 60, 313-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-3227(84)90155-5
- Dodet, G., Bertin, X. and Taborda, R. (2010). Wave climate variability in the North-East Atlantic Ocean over the last six decades. Ocean Modelling, 31, 120-131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocemod.2009.10.010
- Emery, W.J. and Thomson, R.E. (2004). Data Analysis in Physical Oceanography, Second and Revised Edition, Sec. 5.5, Elesevier.
- Holthuijsen, L.H. (2007). Waves in Oceanic and Coastal Waters, Cambridge Univ. Press., Cambridge, 387
- Kamphuis, J.W. (2000). Introduction to Coastal Engineering and Management, Advanced Seris on Ocean Engineering, 16, World Scientific.
- Kotz, S. and Nadarajah, S. (2000). Extreme Value Distributions, Theory and Applications, Imperial College Press.
- Marthiesen, M. (1994). Estimation of wave height duration statistics, Coastal Engineering, 23, 167-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3839(94)90021-3
- Rozynski, G. and Reeve, D. (2005). Multi-resolution of near-shore hydrodynamics using discrete wavelet transformations, Coastal Engineering, 52, 771-792. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2005.06.004
- Short, A.D. (2006). Australian beach systems - nature and distribution. Journal of Coastal Research, 22(1), 11-27.
- Silverman, B.W. (1986). Density Estimation for Statistics and Data Analysis, Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability, 26, Chapman &Hall/CRC.
- Sobey, R.J. and Orloff, L.S. (1999). Intensity-duration-frequency summaries for wave climate, Coastal Engineering, 36, 37-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(98)00048-9
- Wand, M.P. and Jones, M.C. (1995). Kernel Smoothing, Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability, 60, Chapman &Hall/CRC.
- Analysis on the Characteristics of the Infra-Gravity Waves inside and outside Pohang New Harbor using a Transfer Function Model vol.26, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.3.131
- Long-term Wave Monitoring and Analysis Off the Coast of Sokcho vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2015.27.4.274
- Distribution and Trend Analysis of the Significant Wave Heights Using KMA and ECMWF Data Sets in the Coastal Seas, Korea vol.29, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2017.29.3.129
- Analysis of the Long-term Wave Characteristics off the Coast of Daejin vol.27, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2015.27.2.142
- Relationship Analysis on the Monitoring Period and Parameter Estimation Error of the Coastal Wave Climate Data vol.25, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2013.25.1.34
- Analysis on the Reduction Effects of the Gravity Waves and Infra-Gravity Waves of Detached Submerged Breakwater by Field Monitoring vol.30, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2018.30.2.51
Grant : 연안파랑 관측, 분석 및 장기산출
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원, 한국해양연구원