- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Model Trajectory Simulation for the Behavior of the Namgang Dam Water in the Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea
남해 강진만에서 남강댐 방류수의 거동 특성 및 체류시간 추정
Jung, Kwang-Young;Ro, Young-Jae;Kim, Baek-Jin;Park, Kwang-Soon
- Received : 2012.01.10
- Accepted : 2012.02.28
- Published : 2012.04.30
A Lagrangian particle tracking model coupled with the ECOM3D were used to study on the behavior of fresh water released from the Namgang Dam in terms of residence time in Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea. Model was calibrated until skill cores for elevation, velocity, temperature and salinity are satisfied over 85%. In the numerical simulation, particles were released in 1 hour time interval from the northern boundary. The different patterns of particle trajectory are identified under the varying dynamics from tidal to density-driven current. The average residence time of total particles are approximately 65.9 hours in the entire Kangjin Bay. The average residence time were increased from 55~65 to 70~80 hours during maximum discharge period. Discharge rate of fresh water and average residence time in the Kangjin Bay is high correlated with correlation coefficient over 0.81.
numerical model;Lagrangian particle tracking;Kangjin Bay;Namgang Dam;average residence time
- 김연중, 윤종성 (2009). 남강댐방류에 따른 부유쓰레기의 거동 및 담수확산에 관한 연구. 한국해양공학회지, 23(2), 37-46.
- 박성은, 홍석진, 이원찬 (2009). Particle Tracking Model을 이용한 평균체류시간의 공간분포 계산. 한국해양공학회지, 23(2), 47-52.
- 서승원, 이화영 (2011). 입자추적방법을 이용한 새만금 해역의 수리특성 변화 분석. 한국해안 해양공학회논문집, 23(6), 442-450.
- 이충호 (2009). 서해 중부 해역의 동계 해/조류 순환 및 유입자 거동 수치모델링 실험, 석사학위청구논문, 충남대학교.
- 정광영 (2007). 남해 강진만에서의 바람과 담수 유입에 의한 하계 해수순환 수치모델링, 석사학위청구논문, 충남대학교.
- 정광영, 노영재 (2010). 남해 강진만에서 성층 형성과 성층 파괴 과정, 한국해양학회지 "바다", 15(3), 97-109.
- 정연철 (1997). 라그랑지안 입자추적법에 의한 유출유 확산 모델링. 해양안전공학회지, 3(1) 73-83.
- 해양수산부 (2006). 피조개 양식어장 인터넷환경 자동감시 및 생산량산정.
- Abdelrhman, M.A. (2002). Simplified modeling of flushing and residence times in 42 embayments in New England, USA, with special attention to Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 62, 339-351.
- Blumberg, A.F.(2002). A primer for ECOMSED, Hydroqual Inc., 188 pp.
- Gillibrand, P.A. (2001). Calculating exchange time in a Scottish Fjord using a two-dimensional, laterally-integrated numerical model. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 53, 437-449. https://doi.org/10.1006/ecss.1999.0624
- Lee, C.H., Ro, Y.J. and Jung, K.Y. (2009). Particle dispersion experiments of the Hebei Spirit oil spill. Proceeding of the spring meeting, 2009 of the Korean Soc. of Oceanography.
- Liu, W.C., Chen, W.B. and Kuo, J.T. (2008). Modeling residence time response to fresh water discharge in a mesotidal estuary, Taiwan. J. of Marine Syst, 74(1-2): 295-314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmarsys.2008.01.001
- Monsen, N.E., Cloern, J.E. and Jucas, L.V. (2002). A Comment on the use of flushing time, residence time, and age as transport time scales. Limnology and Oceanography, 47(5), 1545-1553. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.2002.47.5.1545
- Oey, L.-Y. and Mellor, G.L. (1993). Subtidal variability of estuarine outflow, plume, and coastal current: a model study. J. of Physical Oceanography, 23, 164-171. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1993)023<0164:SVOEOP>2.0.CO;2
- Sanford, L.P., Boicourt, W.C. and Rives, S.R. (1992). Model for estimating tidal flushing of small embayents. ASCE J. of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, 118, 645-654.
- Reid, R.O. and Bodine, B.R. (1968). Numerical model for storm surges in Galveston Bay. ASCE, J. Water Harbors Div., 94, 33-57.
- Ro, Y.J. (2005), Numerical modeling of the impact of the river runoff in the formation of the anoxia in the Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea. In: American Geophys. Union, Spring Meeting 2005, abstract # OS22A-01.
- Ro, Y.J. (2007). Tidal and sub-tidal current characteristics in the Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea. Ocean Sci. J., 42(1), 19-30. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03020907
- Ro, Y.J., Jeon, W.S., Jung, K.Y. and Eom, H.M. (2007). Numerical modeling of tide and tidal current in the Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea. Ocean Sci. J., 42(3), 153-163. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03020919
- Ro, Y.J. and Jung, K.Y. (2010). Impact of the Dam water discharge on the circulation system in the Kangjin Bay, South Sea, Korea. Ocean Sci. J., 45(1), 17-35.
- Ro, Y.J., Jung, K.Y. and Lee, C.H. (2008). "Hebei spiri" oil spill fate and trajectory modeling in the western coast of Korea, Yellow Sea. PICES 176th Annual Meeting Abstract.
- Smagorinsky, J. (1963). General circulation experiments with the primitive equation, I. The basic experiment. Monthly Weather Review, 91, 99-164. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0493(1963)091<0099:GCEWTP>2.3.CO;2
- Smolarkiewicz, P.K. and Clark, T.L. (1986). The Multidimensional Positive Definite Advection Transport algoritym : Further Development and applications, J. Comp. Phys., 67, 396-438. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(86)90270-6
- WAMIS, 2002. Dam water discharge data. http://188.8.131.52/WKD/MN_DTDATA. ASPX?code=2018110 Accessed 1 Sep 2002.
- WAMIS, 2004. Dam water discharge data. http://184.108.40.206/WKD/MN_DTDATA.ASPX?code=2018110 Accessed 1 Sep 2004.
- Yanagi, T. (1983). Generation mechanism of the tidal residual circulation. J Oceanogr. Soc. Japan, 39(4), 156-166. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02070259
- Zimmerman, J.T.F. (1976). Mixing and flushing of tidal embayments in the Western Ducth Wadden Sea, Part I: Distribution salinity and Calculation of Mixing Time Scales, Netherlands J. of Sea Research. 10, 149-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/0077-7579(76)90013-2
- Numerical Modeling of Circulation Characteristics in the Kwangyang Estuarine System vol.26, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.4.253
- Tidal and Sub-tidal Current Characteristics in the Central part of Chunsu Bay, Yellow Sea, Korea during the Summer Season vol.18, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7850/jkso.2013.18.2.53
- A Study of Variation Characteristics of the Phytoplankton Community by UPLC Located in the Jinju Bay, Korea vol.36, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11626/KJEB.2018.36.1.062