- Volume 24 Issue 2
A numerical skill for effective treatment of inclined boundaries in a finite element method is introduced. A finite element method has been frequently used to simulate hydraulic phenomena in a coastal zone since it can be applied to irregular and complex geometry. In case elliptic partial equations are governing equations for a finite element model, however, there is a difficulty in treating boundary conditions properly for cases in which boundaries are vertically inclined. In this study, a method to treat such inclined boundaries using Bessel functions for a finite element method is introduced and compared with analytical solutions.
finite element method;sloping boundary;Bessel function;Mild-Slope equation
- 정원무, 이길성, 박우선, 채장원 (1998). 확장형 완경사방정식에 기초한 Galerkin 유한요소 모형, 한국해안해양공학회지, 10, 174-186.
- 정태화, 강규영, 조용식 (2007). 해저 지형을 이용한 연직 구조물의 처오름 감소, 한국해안해양공학회지, 19, 436-445.
- 천제호, 안경모 (2006). 완경사 방정식에서 간편화된 파의 부분 반사 및 투과 처리기법, 한국해안해양공학회지, 18, 84-96.
- Bellotti, G., Beltrami, G.M. and Girolamo, P.D. (2003). Internal generation waves in 2D fully elliptic mild-slope FEM models, Coastal Engineering, 49, 71-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(03)00047-4
- Berkhoff, J.C.W. (1972). Computation of combined refraction diffraction, Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Coastal Engineering, ASCE, 471-490.
- Dean, R.G. (1964). Long wave modification by linear transitions, Rev. Mat. Hisp.-Am, 1 (90), 1-29.
- Larsen, J. and Darcy, H., 1983. Open boundaries in short wave simulations - a new approach, Coastal Engineering, 7, 285-297. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3839(83)90022-4
- Lee, C. and Suh, K.D. (1998). Internal generation of waves for time-dependent mild-slope equations, Coastal Engineering, 34, 35-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(98)00012-X
- Panchang, V., Chen, W., Xu, B., Schlenker, K., Demirbilek, Z. and Okihiro, M. (2000). Exterior bathymetric effects in elliptic harbor wave models, J. of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 126, 71-78. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(2000)126:2(71)
- Park, W.S., Chun, I.S. and Jeoung, W.M. (1994). Infinite element for the analysis of harbor resonances, J. KSCOE, 6, 139-149
- Tsay, T. and Liu, P.L.-F. (1983). A finite element model for wave refraction and diffraction, Journal of Fluid Mech., 72, 373-384.