- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Implementation of Service Robot Platform for Mess-Cleanup
정리정돈용 서비스 로봇 플랫폼의 구현 연구
- Kim, Seung-Woo (Department of Electrical Information Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Kim, Hi-Jun (Department of Electrical Information Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2012.01.17
- Accepted : 2012.03.30
- Published : 2012.05.01
In this paper, a Smart Home Service Robot, McBot II, which performs mess-cleanup function etc. in house, is designed much more optimally than other service robots. It is newly developed in much more practical system than McBot I which we had developed two years ago. One characteristic attribute of mobile platforms equipped with a set of dependent wheels is their omni- directionality and the ability to realize complex translational and rotational trajectories for agile navigation in door. An accurate coordination of steering angle and spinning rate of each wheel is necessary for a consistent motion. This paper develops trajectory controller of 3-wheels omni-directional mobile robot using fuzzy azimuth estimator. A specialized anthropomorphic robot manipulator which can be attached to the housemaid robot McBot II, is developed in this paper. This built-in type manipulator consists of both arms with 4 DOF (Degree of Freedom) each and both hands with 3 DOF each. The robotic arm is optimally designed to satisfy both the minimum mechanical size and the maximum workspace. Minimum mass and length are required for the built-in cooperated-arms system. But that makes the workspace so small. This paper proposes optimal design method to overcome the problem by using neck joint to move the arms horizontally forward/backward and waist joint to move them vertically up/down. The robotic hand, which has two fingers and a thumb, is also optimally designed in task-based concept. Finally, the good performance of the developed McBot II is confirmed through live tests of the mess-cleanup task.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- K. Nagasaka, et al., "Integrated motion control for walking, jumping and running on a small bipedal entertainment robot," Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA2004), New Orleans, pp. 3189-3194, 2004.
- K. Harada et al., "Dynamics and balance of a humanoid robot during manipulation tasks," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 568-575, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2006.870649
- T. Asfour and R. Dillmann et al., "ARMAR-III: an integrated humanoid plattfrom for sensory-motor control," Prof. of IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2006), Genoa, Italy, Dec. 2006.
- H. Iwata et al, "Design of humanoid surface sensor for tactile interference with human," Proc. of IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, vol. 2, pp. 549-554, 1998.
- S.-W. Kim, S.-D. Kim, B.-H. Kim, and H.-R. Kim, "A study on the development of a home mess-cleanup robot using an RFID tag-floor," Journal of the KAIS, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 508-516, 2010.
- G. Ramírez and S. Zeghloul, "A new local path planner for nonholonomic mobile robot navigation in cluttered environments," Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference Robotics and Automation, pp. 2058-2063, 2000.
- G. Kantor and S. Singh, "Preliminary results in range-only localization and mapping," Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1818-1823, 2002.
- D. Hahnel, W. Burgard, D. Fox, K. Fishkin, and M. Philipose, "Mapping and Localization with RFID technology," Robotics and Automation, 2004. Proceedings. ICRA '04. 2004 IEEE International Conference on, vol. 1, pp. 1015-1020, 2004.
- I. Siio, "User position detection using RFID tags," Technical Report Proceedings of Japanese Information Processing Society, 00-HI-88, pp. 45-50, 2000.
- S. Maeyama, S. Yuta, and A. Hararda, "Experiments on a remote appreciation robot in an art museum," Proceedings of IROS 2000, pp. 1008-1013, 2000.
- H.-K. Cha and S. W. Kim, "A study on implementation of ubiquitous home mess-cleanup robot" Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems Engineering, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1011-1019, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2005.11.12.1011
- R. Baker, Human Navigation and the Sixth Sense, New York, Simon and Schuster, 1981.
- D. S. Kim, H. C. Lee, and W. H. Kwon, "Geometric kinematics modeling of omni-directional autonomous mobile robot and its applications," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference Robotics and Automation, pp. 2033-2038, 2000.