- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Swarm Control of Distributed Autonomous Robot System based on Artificial Immune System using PSO
PSO를 이용한 인공면역계 기반 자율분산로봇시스템의 군 제어
- Kim, Jun-Yeup (Chung-Ang University) ;
- Ko, Kwang-Eun (Chung-Ang University) ;
- Park, Seung-Min (Chung-Ang University) ;
- Sim, Kwee-Bo (Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2012.02.26
- Accepted : 2012.03.27
- Published : 2012.05.01
This paper proposes a distributed autonomous control method of swarm robot behavior strategy based on artificial immune system and an optimization strategy for artificial immune system. The behavior strategies of swarm robot in the system are depend on the task distribution in environment and we have to consider the dynamics of the system environment. In this paper, the behavior strategies divided into dispersion and aggregation. For applying to artificial immune system, an individual of swarm is regarded as a B-cell, each task distribution in environment as an antigen, a behavior strategy as an antibody and control parameter as a T-cell respectively. The executing process of proposed method is as follows: When the environmental condition changes, the agent selects an appropriate behavior strategy. And its behavior strategy is stimulated and suppressed by other agent using communication. Finally much stimulated strategy is adopted as a swarm behavior strategy. In order to decide more accurately select the behavior strategy, the optimized parameter learning procedure that is represented by stimulus function of antigen to antibody in artificial immune system is required. In this paper, particle swarm optimization algorithm is applied to this learning procedure. The proposed method shows more adaptive and robustness results than the existing system at the viewpoint that the swarm robots learning and adaptation degree associated with the changing of tasks.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Y. U. Cao, A. S. Fukunaga, and A. B. Kahng, "Cooperative mobile robotics: Antecedents and directions," Autonomous Robots, vol. 4, pp. 1-23, 1997.
- G. Beck and G. S. Habicht, "Immunity and the Invertebrates," Scientific American, vol. 275, no. 5, pp.60-66, Nov. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1038/scientificamerican1196-60
- L. N. Castro and J. Timmis, "Artificial immune systems: A new computational intelligence approach," Springer, pp. 57-58, 2002.
- N. K. Jerne, "Idiotopic network and other preconceied ideas," Immunological Rev., vol. 79, pp. 5-24, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-065X.1984.tb00484.x
- J. D. Farmer, N. H. Packard, and A. S. Perelson, "The immune system, adaptation, and machine learning," Physica 22-D, pp. 184-204, 1986.
- M. Clerc and J. Kennedy, "The particle swarm - explosion, stability, and convergence in a multidimensional complex space," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 58-73, vol. 6, no. 1, Feb. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.985692
- K.-B. Sim and C.-M. Hwang, "Distributed autonomous robotic system based on artificial immune system and distributed genetic algorithm," Korea Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems (in Korean), vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 164-170, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2004.14.2.164
- L. E. Parker, "Current state of the art in distributed autonomous mobile robotics," Proc. 5th Int. Symp. Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, pp. 3-12, 2000.
- L. Panait and S. Luke, "Cooperative multi-agent learning: the state of the art," Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 11, pp. 387-434, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-005-2631-2
- C. T. Singh and S. B. Nair, "An artificial immune system for a multiagent robotics system," World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 11, pp. 6-9, 2005.
- K. B. Sim, D. W. Lee, and H. Y. Kim, "Emergent and swarm behavior of multi-agent system based on artificial immune system," 2002 FIRA Robot World Congress Seoul, Korea, pp. 707-712, May 2002.
- K.-B. Sim, D.-W. Lee, and S.-J. Sun, "Cooperative strategies and swarm behavior in distributed autonomous robotics systems based on aritificial immune system," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 1079-1085, Dec. 2000.
- D. W. Lee, K. B. Sim, and S. H. Park, "An immunity-based security layer against internet antigens," IEICE Transacion on Communications, vol. E83-B, no. 11, pp. 2570-2575, Nov. 2000.
- J.-Y. Baek, Y.-I. Lee, and S.-K. Oh, "Design of nonlinear model using type-2 fuzzy logic system by means of C-means clustering" Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems (in Korean), vol. 18 no. 6, pp. 842-848, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2008.18.6.842
- G.-S. Kim, B.-J. Park, and S.-K. Oh, "The design of polynomial network pattern classifier based on fuzzy inference mechanism and its optimization" Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 970-976, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2007.17.7.970
- W.-S. Moon, J. W. Jang, and K. R. Back, "Environment adaptation using evolutional interactivity in a swarm of robots," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 227-232, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.3.227
- S.-T. An, J.-J. Kim, and J.-J. Lee, "Unified detection and tracking of humans using gaussian particle swarm optimization," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 353-358, Apr. 2012.
- Optimal EEG Channel Selection by Genetic Algorithm and Binary PSO based on a Support Vector Machine vol.19, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1864